Rat rod lettering (paint)

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
patina paint and lettering.

if you can find the back issue of STREET ROD BUILDER march 08 issue shows a step by step on patina paint and lettering. it is done by a shop called HI SPEED RODS & CUSTOMS they are located in tucson az. phone 520-623-1973

www.hispeedcustoms.com

they turn a fiberglass coupe into a rotted out steel body complete with lettering and it looks great.

if you cant find the step by step i am going to do one in the next month and will post em up here for ya.

dp1 george

faded door art / lettering

check out this post for some methods,i did it start to finish, hit me up if ya have any ?? i dont know how to link the thread so heres the title of it, just use the search and a keyword like( crush )till ya find it.
dp1

dug the crush out of the snow and found this????.....

Paint

Check out the March 08 STREET ROD builder.

They weathered a brand-new glass 34 Ford 3 window, they did a good job on the sign but I think they went overboard on the rust.

How FAKE others THINK it is...its WHAT YOU want..!! So dont listen to all of the other **** other people who dont like it...DO WHAT YOU want.Remember..if they dont like it..they dont have to look at it...:D:D

THATS WHAT I DIG ABOUT RATRODS.
as long as it's safe
THERE IS NO WRONG WAY TO DO IT!
knock yerselves out fellas!

i see rods i think are ugly all the time
but i sure as hell am not going to berate a man for having his own ideas about coolness.;)

I know this tread is a little old but just wanted to share a few ways I've done it in the past to maybe help some one in the future. I did a set of rims once painted them flat black let em dry for a week in the sun than hit em with ih tractor paint on a brush than wiped with a wet rag when still wet. #2 my ih pickup I masked off the intire door cut out my lettering used a wide artist brush and one shot once it set up I used a rag and mineral spirit and wiped it to the worn look I wanted than removed the masking tape #3 my 54 ford I masked of and cut out and used rustolium flat white removed masking and hit with oo steel wool. These are just a few tricks I've tried that have worked well. Sorry so long[ddd

Latest posts

Back