just some fun pix

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow MM, that's quite a story, and I'm glad you ended up ok! It's amazing how your mind works at a time like that, worry about your hat and the dirty work boots.

Thank you guys for your good vibes. They are much appreciated.
I don't remember some things that must have happened for a few seconds while I was still moving, so I'm very glad that I woke up partly when I did, but you can tell from my thinking that I wasn't taking the whole situation seriously yet. Oh and when I reread my story I realized that I was not veering to the right before the crash, I was veering left. If I'd have started to veer right when I first guessed there was a problem coming up, I could have maybe gone around the back of the pick-up, if he didn't stop. If he would have looked towards the oncoming traffic, panicked and stopped I would have probably killed him and it would have been more my fault. I kept hoping he would look east, panic and stop, but he didn't. Anyhow the old fellow in the pick up is pretty good, I guess. The doctors let him go home from the hospital that evening, with a promise to come back in the next morning for more X-rays. The police wouldn't let me go near him at the scene, and that surprized me, but I guess they've had some further stressful scenes with angry drivers.
It is ironic that I had been driving that truck for forty years and never put a scratch on it and then, Phsssssst, it all ended.
It's so nice to belong to this forum/club and have your empathy, Guys. Thank You.

"Then I realized that I'd lost my hat so I started looking for it"

I rolled once, first thing I though when I stopped "huh...what's grass doing there?" It happens dang fast.

None of that was you're fault. Know that 100%. No what ifs! That guy almost killed you and could have if things would have went a few inches different. Just because your rig was bigger doesn't mean he had any less responsibility to watch out for your safety.

Glad you're OK.

Did you get you're hat back? :D

Thank you guys.
I know now that shock can mask the pain, so I better be watching. I had two smallish burns; the ends of my fingers and a 'smaller than a dime' sized hole in my elbow, that I didn't feel until that night.
Sam Fear, I had the same mixed-up surprise when I finally decided to get out of the cab and looked out my divers window; 'whooa, what that pavement doing there'.
Naw, I lost a perfectly good leather ball cap, and my leather gloves I realized later.
I'm a little embarrassed that I couldn't think that I was in trouble and the truck was soon to be toast.

Thank you guys.
I know now that shock can mask the pain, so I better be watching. I had two smallish burns; the ends of my fingers and a 'smaller than a dime' sized hole in my elbow, that I didn't feel until that night.
Sam Fear, I had the same mixed-up surprise when I finally decided to get out of the cab and looked out my divers window; 'whooa, what that pavement doing there'.
Naw, I lost a perfectly good leather ball cap, and my leather gloves I realized later.
I'm a little embarrassed that I couldn't think that I was in trouble and the truck was soon to be toast.

No reason to be embarrassed. That stuff happens so fast. I got hit by an intoxicated lady years ago when she was in my lane at the same time I was. I drove as far off the road towards the ditch as I could while flasging my lights and she never stopped.

I wasnt hurt and my truck was fixable. Not so much for her or her pos

Glad your all right. Sucks about the truck

Attachments

• 2013-03-29_08-42-23_480_zps245252d9.jpg
    2013-03-29_08-42-23_480_zps245252d9.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 22
Agree with LB. It does happen fast. Similar experience when I crashed the bike on the freeway. First concern was the bike and shutting off the screaming engine. Took a while to notice the mess that I was, blood and all.

Latest posts

Back