34 Ford 5 Window Coupe Hot Rod

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That 34 is lookin' real nice Don glad I got to see it in person and even a short sit down in it:cool: leave the outside like it is and run the wheels off her [cl

tell me you arent gonna leave that engine green?

Yes, that's the original Ford green for the first generation flathead. But that one will be replaced with this one.

002-3.jpg

Even though the little 21 stud engine seems to run fine I'm getting the coupe ready to install the 24 stud 239. Just ordered a radiator from Brassworks http://www.thebrassworks.net/ It will be a 4 core, with shroud and fan. Decided to go that route for better cooling and drivability. I also sent two model 8B carbs I had in to be modified and rebuilt. http://www.gocatspeedshop.com/

Can't wait to get this stuff so I can get the "Hot Rod" engine in.

Got my new "Brassworks" radiator today. Like the name it is a 4 core brass radiator. Looks to be very well made and quite heavy about 60 lbs.

002-6.jpg

005-6.jpg

It has a full fan shroud and electric fan. There may be some clearance issuses with 59 AB engine so just to be safe I went with an electric. Should cool better too. It has a built in temperature sensor port in the bottom tank to turn the fan on. It also came with a wiring harness with relay.

004-6.jpg

This is a pressurized system so the top filler is a dummy so I can use the original Greyhound filler cap. The fill port is under the hood and will take a 7# cap. The radiator is set up for a Flathead Ford.

003-6.jpg

Here's why I got the new radiator. It was "fixed one time. About a 1/4 of one row of the cores is not functional. Didn't want any possible cooling issues.

003-7.jpg

Most everything is disconnected and ready to pull. Still need to unbolt the transmission.

006-5.jpg

005-7.jpg

The little engine is out. Just got back my 2 rebuilt Holley 94s and a Rebel Wire 9+3 wiring harness.

Replumbed the brakes. I didn't like the way they were run and the brake line on the rear end did not have a flex hose on it.

Tore our the headliner and cleaned out all the mouse poop, nests and bodies. Wow, it doesn't smell bad any more. [cl

Now to rewire it and convert to 12 volt. Install the 59AB engine and new radiator. Then finish the interior.

Pictures of the engine removed

002-7.jpg

I used 1/4" brake line with the armor shield or gravel shield. I like to use this in the front for more protection. I also had to add the flex hose brackets to the frame.
001-7.jpg

In the rear I added the flex hose there too. It was just a hard line straight to a tee.
007-5.jpg

This is just a shot of the underneath showing the condition of the floor pans. Nice!
008-4.jpg

Latest posts

Back