34 Ford 5 Window Coupe Hot Rod

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
007-7.jpg

DUDE... I'm not likin' you more & more every day!!! That car is *totally* awesome... u lucky dog!!! Does it run? [dr

BoB

It' not running yet. I'm still working on the wiring. I think I've got pretty well sorted out just need to get a few more things. I'm using a Rebel Wiring 9+3 harness with relays for the fan and fuel pump. Think about adding a CD player!

Not enough clearance for a mechanical fan with the 59A engine. With the electric I have a full shroud and it's all black so you don't really see it. I also need tunes to listen to (going to be hidden in glove box).

Its looken good Don, I just ordered a 4 core with the fan set up from Brassworks for the 34 I have here in the shop. Its going to be runnin a 304 CI Full Race FlatHead with 4 Carbs. Glad that they are only in Paso. So I dont need to wait long.

George,

I got mine in about 2 weeks. Which is super fast for a custom built radiator. Shipping wasn't too bad, but If I still lived in Gilroy I would have driven down and picked it up.

I got some more of the wiring done. Got most of the dash wired up. Having trouble with the ignition switch. When I get it tightened up enough so it doesn.t turn in the hole the key won't turn. If i back it off the swith turns and it won't go into start position. I'll just get a new switch and see that will work.

It has all Stewart Warner gauges. Haven't decided if I want to use the ammeter or change out to a voltometer.
006-9.jpg

Here's a shot of the fuse/junction box with the relay for the fan. Still need to mount the relay for the fuel pump.
001-10.jpg

Mounted the 12 volt wiper motor
002-11.jpg

I wanted to have turn signal and park lights in front but I couldn't find any that I liked. So I just put on some cowl lights that had both in them.
003-11.jpg

004-11.jpg

Always liked cowl lights. I still have problems with that fuzzy dash - but I'm guessing it does look better in person than in pics.

I'm with Tripper. I have a hard time even opening this thread.

When you're working on it do you think about the fact you are finishing a job started by someone else many years ago? That's gotta make it hard to make changes to it.

I was going to mount my Brassworks radiator last weekend but once I got it in the fan motor was hitting the generator mount in the stock position. :mad: I was going to get an offset mount but I don't think it will move it over far enough and the fan belt might be in the way. So I ordered a mounting bracket theattaches to the head and hope the fan motor clears the generator and belt.

Crud! With the offset bracket the fan motor will hit the belt! :mad: I could remove the electric fan and shroud and run the generator mounted mechanical fan. But I wanted fun the electric to minimize any cooling issues. So I will modifiy the shroud and lower the electric fan then I can mount the generator back on the manifold.

It's surprising how often something that seems like it should be easy...isn't. Sounds like you found a good solution.

Still messing with the radiator shroud. I had to cut a hole in it so I can remove the distributor cap. Hopefully this is the last time I pull it off.

008-6.jpg

Restored a 1948 Ford steering wheel for the 34.
I decided to use this instead of the other one I had.

013.jpg

009-5.jpg

It's strange how small those Model 40 engine compartments are. Not much wiggle room there without reconfiguring. I like your steering wheel. That's what I used in my coupe also. I think they are simple yet stylish.

Latest posts

Back