Brake and clutch pedals

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harleyboy

Never to old to have a happy childhood
I'm installing the floor in my truck next week and will soon need to put in some pedals. Where can I buy pedal assemblies with the master cylinder and clutch slave cylinder in the kit? I need one that mounts to the firewall with the master cylinder outside the firewall. I can find the brake setup like that but not both pedals. I found an under floor unit but that won't work for me.

Installed

I went to the junk yard and bought some pedals, master cylinder, booster and clutch master and slave out of a Dodge Dakota. I had to cut the bracket off a little but it fit perfect after that. I think I did a good job seeing that I don't have the right tools and not a whole lot of know how and no one to help hold things in place. I don't know if I can adapt the line that comes off the clutch master going to the slave cylinder on my transmission. It has the slave cylinder on it but it came from a Dodge going to a Chevy. I have a friend coming over tomorrow to help so maybe we can figure it out.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 78
i just made a set from scratch. the car is a roadster made from a unibody rambler, that had the usual hanging pedal setup. since i stripped out the dash and left them homeless, i put the pedals back in the floor ("where they belong" lol). clutch, brake, throttle all live on one shaft, a length of 1/2" drill rod.

http://sensitiveresearch.com/1961-Rambler-Roadster/construction.html#pedals

"race car" pedal setups look OK but are pricey and i wanted to retain the mechanical clutch linkage. though it's a rambler the clutch linkage is typical, throwout lever through the bell, with a "Z" bar that the original pedal pushed on, via a rod from the hanging pedal through a hole in the firewall.

the original hanging pedal pushed the Z bar, but the floor pedal i made pulls the Z bar. this makes things much easier; the pull rod is simply 1/4-20 rod with a couple of small rod ends. doesn't need to be as stiff since it pulls. factory Z bar.

I used the MC and pedal cluster out of my S10 donor truck. Had to modify the firewall a bit to get things to line up, but using the factory setup seemed like a safe bet.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back