sight tech

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MercuryMac

Builder Junky!
Yesterday, I made a line of sight guide for my shop hoist. It turns out that you're a little blind when driving your machine up on to the ramps and runners and you really want to stay fairly centred. I made a centring stick and bolted it into a hole in the middle of the front cross piece. Now, while driving up onto the hoist, I will just lean over until I'm in the middle of the truck and line the hood ornament or some central thing up, with the new stick. Heck, I should be able to do it with one eye shut, now.

Attachments

• IMG_1687.jpg
    IMG_1687.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 46
They make those witha magnet on the bottom. some people use one on the trailer and one on the ball when backing up to a trailer. You can make your own with snow plow guides and a magnet from horrible fright.

nice !

also hangin a cork on a bit of string that taps the windshield right in front of you helps to know when you reach that point , just before the point of no-return...

Snopro, no wall in front, there is a nice pink '57 Monarch two door hardtop, though.
Smallfoot, It's almost as embarrassing to have to drive up onto a hoist to fix up stuff I should have done right the first time. The truck is NOT a trailer queen, although it has ridden --------a few times.:(
Kenny, I think this was a snow guide stick, broken now and turned up-side-down.
Crate, I have three inch high stoppers at the ends of my runners so the point of no return is not too scary on my hoist, but I want to stay centred all of the time while driving on the runners.
I don't need a hoist Torchie, but I really, really wanted one, so I whined and made a fuss, and my family caved in at Christmas time. :D

Snopro, no wall in front, there is a nice pink '57 Monarch two door hardtop, though.
Smallfoot, It's almost as embarrassing to have to drive up onto a hoist to fix up stuff I should have done right the first time. The truck is NOT a trailer queen, although it has ridden --------a few times.:(
Kenny, I think this was a snow guide stick, broken now and turned up-side-down.
Crate, I have three inch high stoppers at the ends of my runners so the point of no return is not too scary on my hoist, but I want to stay centred all of the time while driving on the runners.
I don't need a hoist Torchie, but I really, really wanted one, so I whined and made a fuss, and my family caved in at Christmas time. :D

Great idea, can I send you my families phone numbers, cuz they won't listen to me whine, you must be better at it.:D

Latest posts

Back