Body mount suggestions please!.......

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry about that, I'm actually talking about something to insulate the body from the frame. Where can they be had or from what could a guy make them from I wonder, thanks!!:)

My Kid found some neat bisquits at the local 4 x 4 shop made for Jeeps. About 2 inches in diameter with a hole in the middle, about 1/2 inch thick, rubber. $ 2 each.

Don

That sounds perfect, Thanks Don! Im off to surf some 4x4 sites!:)

The 4X4 mounts work well. You can also use body mounts off of an oem application, such as Impala's or Chevelles. These are repoped and available from a multitude of suppliers. I've heard of people drilling hockey pucks and using them for body mounts but I have not done this or seen it applied first hand.

On a car/truck where the body sits directly on top of the frame rails such as on my 32 coupe, there is a specific cloth/fiber welting that is usually installed between the chassis and body along the length of the framerail where the body contacts it.

On my Anglia, I didn't use an insulator at all. The body is bolted directly to the chassis. I wanted the extra rigidity. I don't notice any vibration transfer, but most will probably advise against this method of body mounting.

This is what Gastrick was speaking about.
Not my car...picked up the picture somewhere.
Anyway, notice the "grid" on top of the frame rails. It attaches to the body and in turn bolts to the chassis. Very rigid, very strong.

Attachments

• april07%20model%20a%20005.jpg
    april07%20model%20a%20005.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 26
" I've heard of people drilling hockey pucks and using them for body mounts but I have not done this or seen it applied first hand."

Bad Idea.I've seen that done on a chevy 1/2ton and when I seen this the cab was falling off.The puck will crack and break due to flex.

Last edited:
and dangerous to cut as they can bind if your not careful and take off a finger if not more ! Saws can be wird with rubber

I bet you are right. Just tonight we had to cut some old tires off of some rims I wanted to use, with a sawzall, and it kept rolling on the rubber. I thing the Jeep bisquits are the way to go, cheap and easy to find.

Don

Latest posts

Back