65 Impala

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pic 1
Full dump

Pic 2
Cruise height

Pic 3 full up

Attachments

• 0708191947a_HDR.jpg
    0708191947a_HDR.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 0708191948_HDR.jpg
    0708191948_HDR.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 17
  • 0708191948a_HDR.jpg
    0708191948a_HDR.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 18
I love it. What is the ground clearance at ride height?

4" at full lift and about 3in at cruising height. It could go up a little more but Each corner has sensors on it that only have so much travel and I don't want to stretch them out and break them. I did that a couple times when I was putting it together and getting it set up:confused:

Wow, 3 inches is low - love that killer stance but I don't think I could negotiate my driveway even at 4 inches! I'm going for a static 5" clearance on my Thriftmaster.

Wow, 3 inches is low - love that killer stance but I don't think I could negotiate my driveway even at 4 inches! I'm going for a static 5" clearance on my Thriftmaster.

It can go higher but I have it limited. 4 is a good height, I have never had an issue with that. Even in my big sedan 3 never drug

I didn't realize the e-Level sensors are limited to 4" travel. I guess then your actual suspension travel is limited by where on the arms you're able to mount the sensors. Honestly for me, 4" travel from the ground wouldn't be worth the expense of bags and the e-Level system.

The Impala looks great sitting on the ground though.

They give you these little Clips you put on them when you are tuning and setting up the sensors they give you about 4 in range of motion. You can get more out of them yes by pushing the rod up and down farther. But you don't really want to move it more than 4 in at its highest setting because if you Flex the vehicle out pulling into a parking lot or something it can easily overextend those arms and break them. They're 100% made of plastic and they are not the most well-built thing in my opinion. I actually built extensions for them so I'm actually getting about 5 inches of travel out of the back. It also depends on what you mount them on. If you had something that moved less than the rear axle like a swing arm you could gain travel out of them. If that makes sense, mounting the sensor lever closer to the Pivot Point would give you more up-and-down travel versus how much the trailing arm would be moving. So I guess they're not limited to 4 inches of travel it's all in how you set them up. This car for ease of installation the rears come out to about 5 in. None of my cars I've ever built I've had more than four inches of ground clearance and I've never had an issue with any of them. That is plenty to pull in and out of parking lots around here our roads are not horrible so we don't have to deal with potholes or heaves in them. So I guess what I'm saying is it's all in how you set them up. They are worth it 100%. This system is miles above what we've ever installed on any other car and I do not think I will ever install a cheap system again

I guess I could be talking out my butt oh, I'm maxing the front bags out on full lift. So it's probably 5in or better I'll have to actually get it on some flat asphalt and measure. The car actually sat pretty low to begin with when I got it. From the pictures the owner has seen he is super happy with it so that's all that matters to me

When I was working,..... we used a butt load of pneumatic limit switches
for a number of applications(similar to the one below) always wanted to try
and use them on an air ride ....wish now I had keep more of the stuff they
just threw in the dumpster...;)

283173031916_1.jpg

rockwell_automation_802mc_w1a.jpg

Latest posts

Back