1934 Plymouth five window

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sgt.,----bindare, dundat, got the T-shirt. ...... I never mentioned that it was right at suppertime and I was probably looking at my watch while painting, [dumb, dumb.].
Thanks Smallfoot, it looks good in my mind.

Thanks Pops, I must dream in colour. I could boss you around on your paint colour if you like. [hint, hint, wink.] That silver and light charcoal idea you had suited me just fine. Of course, copper and chocolate would look OK too, on your truck, but then you'd be stealing my dreams. Fine looking truck.

The outside skin of my door is now pretty good but there's all of the little pieces that go into a door that make it work right that have to be cleaned, freed-up, adjusted and reinstalled.[;)[;) Luckily, my sedan doors had most of the guts in them, so I'm fiddling with the little stuff, now.
pic #1 test fit for the swing out safety strap, I had built the hole a little too low
pic #2 It turns out that you can't just go up town and buy weird little old Plymouth stuff so you have to be inventive. Shock absorber rubbers worked nicely for stopper cushions. I just squashed them out of round with the vise grips and slid them on the strap.
pic #3 I am trying to make my best passenger side outside door handle work. It needs a little more tweaking.

Attachments

• IMG_1420.jpg
    IMG_1420.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1423.jpg
    IMG_1423.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1422.jpg
    IMG_1422.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 33
I'm a little surprised you can't buy 34 Plymouth parts at the local parts store around your area [ddd
Went to O'wiely's today and told the young man I wanted a flex fan :D I couldn't wait for him to ask what vehicle it was for [ddd

OI, In my local Napa and another private auto parts store there are people who look forward to the challenges I present, but there are some that can still hide under their counter. [S[ddd

The darn door was too far ahead when I put it back on so I had to move it back about 1/8", top and bottom. That took more time than I thought. When I was reshaping my best door handle I could not get it right so I took the door latch right out of the car and cleaned it a wee bit, oiled it and figured out what I was doing wrong. I had not ground the notch on the handles square shaft, quite close enough to the handle and it was hanging up in the outside plate of the latch, which isn't supposed to turn. I was trying to turn it anyhow.
She's all back together now and functioning.

A couple of my hotrod building friends came over for a visit. One guy is building a '72 Chev pick-up, but has got away from it for a while and is trying to drum up some enthusiasm again. The other one is building a '39-'47 Dodge truck on a Dakota.

Attachments

• IMG_1425.jpg
    IMG_1425.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1426.jpg
    IMG_1426.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 25
The couple that own my local NAPA store are both in their 70s and are extremely knowledgeable. Just tell them what I have, they go into the back and return with what I need, no computer needed. I'm also lucky to have a NAPA warehouse 60 miles away.

My passenger side outer door handle seemed to sticking out a little crookedly, so I ham-fisted an adjustment........ Now I have to take the door apart again and fix the latch.
The Hemi was hanging there dripping oil onto the floor, so I took the pan back off and discovered that the drain bung was bent in on one side. Some rough engine builder had dropped my motor on the floor, I think. I straightened the bung out and rewelded it.

Attachments

• IMG_1427.jpg
    IMG_1427.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 25
Thanks Guys. Last night I painted the pan and also a little pan for under the flywheel, that I found at a friends house and connived out of him. The oil pan went on reasonably well, but it is easier to mount it when the motor is up-side-down and not dangling on the shop crane. When I went to put on the flywheel pan I realized that there should be a flat tin cover from the bottom of the bellhousing to the bottom of the engine block. Just one more thing that got thrown away along the way to my place.

I blinged up my ride......., by putting a chrome fuel pump delete plate on.
Then I cut a cardboard template for the plate that should go from the back of the oil pan to the top of the flywheel dust cover pan.The template was traced onto a heavier than usual tin chunk and cut out, test fitted, adjusted, test fitted again and given the nod . Now it's painted.

Attachments

• IMG_1428.jpg
    IMG_1428.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1429.jpg
    IMG_1429.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 24
Well, I got the front flywheel tin dust shield on and bolted up and the bottom dust cover bolted on again. Next job would be to roll the motor over to the car and stuff it back into the engine bay. Remember a while back that I had lowered my car 3 1/4", well,,,,,,I forgot. Now the shop crane won't roll under the Mustang 2 front axle. [Enough to make a grown man shake his head].:( With quite a few jacks I was able to get the motor and transmission into the right vicinity anyhow. Now to get all of the weird stuff cut off and the good stuff measured, mounts made, clutch and brake pedals installed and the steering rerouted.[;)[;)
I ordered my shorty Sanderson headers today.

Latest posts

Back