1951 International L-112

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
going to a show down in MA this weekend will probably help get the motivation right back up to high and I'll go at it hard for awhile

Ha being a newbie I thought 2years was a good goal but the way its going and the fact that I'm trying to buy a house sometime soon It could be like 4 years. My biggest set back will be no garage so winters and crap days weather wise put a hold on progress too but I'm really looking forward to the challenge still

Yea, im in the same boat. I rented my house for a year, and the day i moved in i got the truck and started in on it. I bought my house and transferred the project there. I have one thing to my advantage, i have heat in the garages. Which, in my opinion, is a pretty good advantage since im finding out that working during the winter is better since I can keep the temps just right and not too hot. Plus it seems I think ill have all the time in the world during the summer, but then it gets so packed, I cant ever seem to get around to the project.

so I figured out last night that I really want to run the 35s all around on this truck... the biggest worry I have is how to go about gearing it and getting my speedometer correct oh and will the old style i beam axle hold up to that kind of weight. I think a new truck axle would work but just wouldnt look right

I'll try and snap a few tonight I haven't taken many since the last ones because its just been a remove bondo fest for the most part

got the drivers door almost done and what I thought was a bondo covered hole was just bondo covering a dent that I was able to push with my hand from inside and it popped right out... and got the interior gutted and cleaned up a bit also sprayed the door with matte clear just to keep it from getting worse while i work on it.
ry%3D480
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Sweet 'Binder you gotta love 'em and thank the farmers for hiding these old fossils. :D

I'm with him, got a Binder myself a little ways south in CT. 1967 International!

I hope my plan of less then 5 months isn't too much to ask of myself... I just wanna drive it!

I understand wanting to drive it , all the time I think wow today would be a great day to go cruise around in the old truck! I hope to be driving it within a few years

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Figured I'd start taking more apart on the truck and got thinking of where I want the tires in front to sit, even tho it's not really that much more forward I think its about right

I think that tire will be about level with the top of the front cowl once its dropped on air to the ground and chopped about 6in or 7in and I was thinking of maybe taking about 4in off the bottom where its all rotted out. I really like the agressive look of the mud tires but I'm having trouble picturing the chop and cut ... I guess once i can get the bed and cab off I should try and mock it up then and see if someone can photoshop it to get a better idea if I want to follow through with my dream of a chopped low rat

Well I really like the look of the door how you have it sanded. I say leave it!!! So it looks like you have all the original glass for that?? That must be nice!

yeah it is all original glass on it thats my one battle going on in my head is I don't want to just junk original glass but I really like the chopped look especially on open wheel trucks...maybe the chop will have to wait for the next project cause theres always a next . I'll get some measurments tonight when I get home I forget exactly what it was.

Latest posts

Back