around the shop

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cornfield customs

since i am always working on a ton of different things i figured it would be better to just make a basic thread to show what all is going on in the shop, and update it as things progress. instead of a ton of different threads. so here is the start and will add as things go along

been super busy the past couple months with traveling. went to speedweek only to get rained out, then home for a week then to WI to teach at Baileigh class, back home for a week then back to WI to do a week pro build at RMD, back home for a few days before i was supposed to head back to bonneville and it got rained out again. so needless to say my schedule has been all screwy lol. here are some minor updated on things i worked on in between everything else. not in any time line order

these hudson terriplane fenders came in to get straightened out from a front end collision, we will start with the pass. fender

starting to knock things back into place

added a little dykem to make it easier to see the lows after running a file
over it

after some hammering and dollying. still have a few led spots to melt out and work, and a crack in the edge

found a hole and crack under some led at the broken part of the rolled edge

pass. fender finished up

now for the run one. didnt get any pics before but it looked pretty much like the pass. side until i dig in

everything in the black area is 3/8 thick lead

after melting out the lead

same process as other side, used some dykem to aid in seeing the lows, and a ton of hammer and dolly work

starting to look like something

just needs a little shrinking with a shrinking disc

both fender finished up and ready to go back to the body shop. they are not
perfect but nothing a light skim coat and some primer cant fix

also straightened up the grill shell for the car

turned down some ford spindles into anglia spindles so the customer could run a set of Magnesium spindle mounts he has

started another project for a buddy, 31 RPU. will be fully fendered. here is the frame in the jig on the table

start of boxing the rails, we are using our set of boxing plates, one of our flat x members

mocking up to get a good idea of the look.

the owner looking pretty pumped with 3 days worth of work in the evenings

made some progress on the 57 retractable
, got the quarter welded up and it had some really bad warping we could not control, so i cut it back off under the trim so i could hammer and dolly the
lower weld seam back out

quarter back on

pulling old damage out of the doors

started on the head light surrounds

and hand made a new filler panel for the fenders under the head lights

worked on some new part productions

some welding of parts that i make

here is a pic of the group from the pro build in WI i mentioned

and working on getting some new equipment in the shop to make life easier

and here is a pic of me and my ugly mug with my new english wheel

Mike, your door panels look great in the old Ford, B-Ville boys wanted to know who made them. saw your camp out at the lake sorry we didn't cross paths.

excellent work on the fenders!

we were talking about you a little while back.. see link below

http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32079

thanks man, yea i have just been so busy with the shop i have not had much time to post about anything. i have had the cnc table for about a year. i do give 10% discounts to board members on in stock or custom cut orders for future reference. i will stick this in that thread as well

Latest posts

Back