Its your turn to help the idiot..........please...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gr8lite

OK guys , not being very in the know on specific brake hardware I have a question.
The beater A I just bought has "wide five" wheels and brakes on it. What years and vehicles might these be from? The fronts have cast iron drums they measure 12" inside. The rears appear to be cast alum. It has a banjo rear it appears to be reg Ford. Thanks to all for your patience and understanding while dealing with us dumbies!

Thanks Guys ,
Gr8lite

I know 39' and 40' Fords had the wide 5. I think it's a killer look.

You sure about that gasser?

I always thought that the wide five pattern (5 on 10.25 I think) was used from 1936 through 1939 on passenger cars, and later on some trucks. I've never seen a 40 with the wide five pattern but I'm no expert.

I've also never seen one with aluminum hubs/drums unless it was an aftermarket piece like stock cars use. Could it be posiible that this is what you have.

OK Thanks! Can I bother you to elaborate on the a wee bit? please........
I have been unable to find any info on them at all. I can't even find what type of center section it is. Thanks a million !

http://community.webshots.com/album/559988260UJWpbs?vhost=community

I just added some more pics to this album. There are some closeups of the rear brakes I really need some help now. The baker and all hardware attached looks good , the drum assy looks ok. However the side of the shoes rub on the drum
they are too wide . I have been unable to find ANY info on this setup anywhere on line. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!

I'll try to do some research for you. I don't recognize that differential. Maybe someone else with more knowledge can chime in.

Latest posts

Back