bolt-on hairin brackets???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelseydum

Was wondering if anyone has used a bolt-on bracket for hairpins on a spring behind axle instead of using split bones???... and if so what brand or did you have to modify some? I've heard of people that make these but never seen them used on a spring behind... but then again I'm new to this so maybe some of you know.

Posies, were more expensive than that, but look the same.
posiesrodandcustoms.com

I am not sure if that is what you need tho. Looks like the brackets on the axle for the bones would adapt to a hair pin set up. Then you would need a bracket for the frame to hairpin at the rear.

mounts

Bob's rat rod parts
On E-bay sell bolt on mounts for about $30
I check and he does not have any listed right now
Emailed him and he said he has some in stock
I don't have a link just serch for Bob's rat rod parts :cool:
I have a axel with welded on mounts I'll trade for stripes

Last edited:
no no no it just struck me funny about the whole old post thing
i know its ok to bring up old threads but i hope kelsey is past his hairpin problems:D:D:D

Just wanted to post a couple pics of how they looked... of course they aren't painted or anything yet. I had to get a spacer set for my 2" axle from speedway for about $3.00. They look like they'll work just fine and will keep me from having to weld my axle.

axlebracket2.jpg

axleBracket1.jpg

that looks really cool...sometimes its best to just buy a part then try to make one..especially when its something really important like axels and brakes and steering looks good keep on trucking:D

Oh sure, these work terrific. I've had a set on my '27 for about 17 years, 7 of that on the road, with zero problems. I also am using a set on the '39 Dodge, except they are the welded on version.

Don

Attachments

• my 27 top view.jpg
    my 27 top view.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 44
  • dodge more work on front end and bed 011.jpg
    dodge more work on front end and bed 011.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 55

Latest posts

Back