$9 dollars a gallon

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
today is a sad day in the uk..$9 a gallon for petrol(sorry gas):eek:

Serious question ,at $9 a gallon why isn't every one driving an electric car . Tell us about it . Did you guys miss Sir AlGores movie . At this price I don't imagine you do much just for fun driving . They are getting us ready for $5/gal gas here soon . How did you adapet to this . I'm mean if my gaoline bill tripels some thing else will have to come out of the budget . Fill us in mate .

It's going up here too. OPEC is suggesting they want to keep oil at 70-80$ a barrel. So hopefully it won't hurt at the pump too bad in the coming months.

exchange rate

So that's like 9 euro and like 15 or 20 a gallon american?

gas

If it get's any more expensive Americans will figure out how to burn water... or go Amish...

You know what the funny thing is?
The greatest benefit the internal combustion engine has given us is reduced pollution. before the engine lots more food was turned into poo by the one horsepower mills of the day.
if we went back to horses many people would have to starve and the streets and air would be filthy in the cities.

it gets even worse if you buy a new car. ie nissan murano a 3.5 v6 its $1500.00 road tax for the first year an $600.00 every year after that..unless they have a price rise next budget..

Time to downsize and let some of the help go...

I was in Germany in October and I figured it was around $8.00/gal. US at that time. It's not easy conveting liters to gallons then Euros to US Dollars! :eek:

Saw a lot of cars like these there.

015.jpg

014.jpg

004.jpg

Going to Italy in May, glad I won't be driving there.

The fuel price increase broke the camels back and started the economy crash.
It wouldn't have done it by itself but so many people were living paycheck to paycheck, in debt to their ears and adjustable rates going up at the same time. The fuel prices are starting to go up again and the economy hasn't rebounded yet.Is it greed alone or is there a bigger plan?

If gas goes to 4 dollars a gallon let alone 5 it will make the recession worse. possibly send us into a depression when fuel goes up the price of food, clothing and utilities. Mr president better pull his head out of his rear and do something or things are gonna get real bad. Crime will go up along with suicide, divorce, alcoholism, foreclosers and poverty. Sure glad I've got my horse dixie my guns and a freezer full of venison. Horse to get around on guns to keep my family safe and keep what's mine from being stolen and freezer full of meat so my kids aint hungry. Politicians and wall street just don't seem to care about the average guy no more.

ObamaBahama.jpg

In America public transportation isn't a costflow break even business.
Public transportation is funded out of federal highway tax dollars
The major cities all have bus lines that are subsidized.
Ever been to some of those little towns where they have a seemingly useless light rail system?
Where it serves more of a hindrance to transportation than a benefit?
Poor people who cannot afford a car or chose to not waste the money if they are not interested in cars and see no need to have one can walk, ride the bus or take a taxi jut about anywhere.
These light rail systems are there for the purpose of bringing in federal tax dollars into the community to fatten salaries without burdening the voters.
At first glance it seems they are doing a good and noble thing... transport for anyone...
but it is a redundancy.
where does the money come from...fuel taxes.
Not just on cars. every semi on the road burns on average a gallon a minute. that's between 30 and 40 cents a minute every semi moving is paying into the highway taxes which fund not just highways but unprofitable public transportation projects.
it is a tax on everythign you consume..it isn't someone else paying the tax...
Europe has a fine system of public transport. I don't know if it is self sustaining but they also have many other tax obligations and funded privileges we do not have.
Public transportation is overall more expensive than private transport if you add the fare to the tax burdon.
public medicine and anything else public is going to cost more than if it were private because the people administering the privileges will naturally get paid more than you, will work less at it than professionals and perform to a lower standard than the customer demands and it will require more of the inefficient administrators in numbers... because you have no alternative.

Administrators or Ministers as they call them don't actually get paid to do anything... they get paid to talk about doing something and then someone else still has to do it.
Like the lovely commercial where the consultants go into an American corporation, tell them what the best course of action is and hands them a bill. The ceo writes them a check and says excellent, get right on it...
The consultants look at each other and laugh and say "we consult...we don't actually do anything".

Myself I find thinking to come easy, it is pleasurable and comes naturally with no effort at all.
I don't think that I shall seek advice nor should I pay for advice from someone who toils at or struggles with thought
:cool:

Latest posts

Back