Tetanus Tornado 49 F6

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Front shocks

No progress to report. I've been Trying to mock up some things a see what I have in the collection of junk that can be used. The next thing I was looking at was front shocks. The front end is a 32 heavy with a reverse eye posies super slide. I have a set of QA1 adjustables, they only have about 3 inches of travel. That doesn't seem like enough. I've found both 3 and 5 inch travel hot rod shocks at SoCal speed shop and was wondering what most people run and suggest. As a side note the roads around hear are real rough.

I just installed 5 inch travel ones I don't think 3 inch would be enough unless your mounting them at a real angle, and they would have to be really stiff.

Just ordered a set of Monroe 32194 shocks from E-bay. Look them up on the chart that CharlieBob sent the link to. Turns out the fit 4X4 S10 . I will let you know how they work out. Thanks again.

Shock mounts

I spent some of yesterday and most of today pretending to be a machinist. I made new sleeves for the shocks, inserts to weld into the frame, bungs to bolt to the frame and to weld the shock mounts to and the shock mount shafts and then bent them to a 90 degree angle. These mounts will be similar to ford F1 shock mounts with headlight brackets. Still have a couple more pieces to make. I will try to get the rest done this week.

Attachments

• DSC01112.JPG
    DSC01112.JPG
    141.4 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC01113.JPG
    DSC01113.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC01114.JPG
    DSC01114.JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC01115.JPG
    DSC01115.JPG
    136 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC01116.JPG
    DSC01116.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 19
Had the day out of work today to see an elder affairs lawyer for some stuff about my mom who has Alzheimer's so I had some time to work on the shock mounts. Welded the threaded bungs into the frame, cut the uprights to length(one of which I cut to short and had to fix), welded them to the sleeves and a bar between the front and rear sleeve. I still need to clean up the welds and heat and tweak one to get them to match. The next project is finishing the headlights and making mounts for them.

Attachments

• DSC01117.JPG
    DSC01117.JPG
    139.6 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC01118.JPG
    DSC01118.JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC01119.JPG
    DSC01119.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC01120.JPG
    DSC01120.JPG
    137.6 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC01121.JPG
    DSC01121.JPG
    131.4 KB · Views: 26
They came off the ground at the Thompson speedway swapmeet.[ddd. Realy not sure what they are off of. Someone said Dodge truck. I'm attempting to make 7" sealed beams fit in them.

Thanks Kenny, I was thinking Dodge but didn't know.
I like the length of them.
I've been looking for a set off of a Buick or Cadi.

The headlights would have looked better with a set of the deep rounded lenses but they were just empty shells. When I get more done on them I will try to post pics to show what I'm trying to do.

The headlights would have looked better with a set of the deep rounded lenses but they were just empty shells. When I get more done on them I will try to post pics to show what I'm trying to do.

Looking good.[cl:cool:
Mopar had some interesting stuff as compared to the other ones. I looking ahead to frenching the head lights on the Dodge custom and I may have to go to some type on universal bucket to get it to work.
[P [P [P
Torchie

Waiting to see what you come up with.

It may be a while.LOL
I was also looking at buckets from other brands of the same vintage that would fit the existing hole in the fender. 53 Chevy looks like it could work.
I will have more room to play around with then you due to the headlight housing you are dealing with.
If you google some vintage Mopar sites you might find some answers.
Torchie

Latest posts

Back