homemade tools

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MercuryMac

Builder Junky!
Before I got a spot weld drill bit, I made a spot weld chisel. I started with a muffler removal chisel and cut a notch in it where a ridge had been in the middle. It worked O.K. if you weren't going to save one of the pieces of tin, because it bulged the tin a bit. The muffler chisel had a heel in it so it helped by keeping hammer away from the tin wall.

Attachments

• 106-0671_IMG.jpg
    106-0671_IMG.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 133
  • 106-0672_IMG.jpg
    106-0672_IMG.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 124
Years ago I accidentally broke the tip off a new chisel [It may have been a cheapy] so I ground the broken edge flat and used it as a rectangular punch. You may think this wouldn't get used much but I needed it more and more over the next quite a few years, until I lost it and missed it badly, so I went to town and bought a new chisel and purposefully cut the end off it.

Attachments

• 106-0667_IMG_2.jpg
    106-0667_IMG_2.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 90
Before I got a spot weld drill bit, I made a spot weld chisel. I started with a muffler removal chisel and cut a notch in it where a ridge had been in the middle. It worked O.K. if you weren't going to save one of the pieces of tin, because it bulged the tin a bit. The muffler chisel had a heel in it so it helped by keeping hammer away from the tin wall.

Nice idea... have to try that when I pull off the rocker panels... thanks

Latest posts

Back