Peabody's 37 GMC

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tim, did you ever get the emails on the steering wheels?
Here's pics of them.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l400.jpg

I'd have to weld a spline hub in this one for it to work
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Jim... just now got to stop in fargo..
If i may ?
Run a poll thingy ?[S
So far two votes for the impala. .
I would very much like to have the guys here on RRR have a hand in this build.
I like all the steering wheels..
[dr:D[dr[;)
So far the impala is winning. ..

Okay. ..i need help...
My phones screen is pretty small...
I'm assuming, the bottom red one is the impala. .[S

Number 5 is the Impala and maybe 8 too....I kinda like number 1 myself, but there I go putting GMC stuff in a GMC...:rolleyes::D

My 2 cents.....
I dig the Impala wheels and always have but......
I also dig the gold metal flake.
I know. I know. That was of no help...[ddd
Will the diameter of the wheel be an issue for comfort as the older wheels tended to be larger.
Torchie

My 2 cents.....
I dig the Impala wheels and always have but......
I also dig the gold metal flake.
I know. I know. That was of no help...[ddd
Will the diameter of the wheel be an issue for comfort as the older wheels tended to be larger.
Torchie
The diameter is a concern. The gold metal flake wheel is a 14" which is one inch larger than most of those are.
The Impala wheel is winning out, like I kinda knew it would.
The GMC wheel is neat because it's a GMC :)

The diameter is a concern. The gold metal flake wheel is a 14" which is one inch larger than most of those are.
The Impala wheel is winning out, like I kinda knew it would.
The GMC wheel is neat because it's a GMC :)

I tend to like the bigger original steering wheels myself OI as I think that is what helps give the dash/interior of these old wrecks their character but growing up when I did those Metal flake wheels were always a big deal as well. It seemed to be a touch of "California Cool" to a kid from the heart of the rust belt.:cool: :D
Torchie

I tend to like the bigger original steering wheels myself OI as I think that is what helps give the dash/interior of these old wrecks their character but growing up when I did those Metal flake wheels were always a big deal as well. It seemed to be a touch of "California Cool" to a kid from the heart of the rust belt.:cool: :D
Torchie

That wheel is cool. [P

Ok... the GMC wheel won out..
Simply because its a GMC ...:D :D. :D
Seemed like the most appropriate one :cool:
I had a golden day Friday.
We couldn't find the vin tag for the 37 anywhere and while installing the floorboards, there was an unassuming piece of electrical tape wrapped around the door brace that had been bothering me, as I pulled the tape off, to my utter amazement, the vin tag was being held on the back side of the brace with it :eek:[cl
Yeeeee Hawwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:
Since I'm comfortable with my manhood I can tell this, when I showed it to Peabody he grab me and gave me a big hug :p

Latest posts

Back