Looking for wide whitewalls

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratrod401

Ok having an issue looking for whitewalls for my ride. Front tires are bias plys (600 r16) and the rears are 215/85/16 radials. I'm just looking for the fattest white wall out there, but in 215/85/16! I can only find 215/ 60/ 16 and I really like my wall size! If anyone out there can give me a hand that would be awesome! Thanks

Added a photo

I added a photo of my ride, also if I could get some opinions how whites would look!

Attachments

• IMG_1205.jpg
    IMG_1205.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 24
If you can't swallow the price of Diamonds or Cokers, you could grind your own. Not always as good looking as the real deal, but good enough for a rat in a lot of cases.

If you can't swallow the price of Diamonds or Cokers, you could grind your own. Not always as good looking as the real deal, but good enough for a rat in a lot of cases.

When i saw cokers cost more than my engine
I gave up

Insane

When I called Coker they didn't have my size I needed (215/85/16) so I called up diamond and holy ****. 279 a tire plus 85 for shipping, I asked for a military discount hoping to get them down a little bit and they said no! How is it on my charger I run nitto's nt 555's and there cheaper, makes no sense at all especially for a super skinny tire!

Advice

Also guys if I could get some opinions on looks! Right now I have r600 16 upfront and 215/85/16 in the back. If I was going to do whites I was thinking of going 215/85/16's all the way around. Inputs please, I know a majority of people do taller in the back but idk I think it would look cooler with matching skinnys all the way around !

Why are you set on running a radial rear? Go with a 7.50-16 rear and 5.50 or 6.00-16 up front. Can't go wrong with that combo. I'm not a fan of radials on vintage vehicles anyway, but a giant one like that on the front is gonna look awfully weird, plus it will be hard to turn. My $.02.

On the price note, you should always be ready for sticker shock on vintage style rubber. It's never an easy pill to swallow, but nothing can make or break the looks of a vehicle more than tires. If it was cheap everybody would do it...

How about a 750r 16 for a rear l, I am trying to achieve this look, pic below

QUOTE=Blue Eyed Devil;474820]Why are you set on running a radial rear? Go with a 7.50-16 rear and 5.50 or 6.00-16 up front. Can't go wrong with that combo. I'm not a fan of radials on vintage vehicles anyway, but a giant one like that on the front is gonna look awfully weird, plus it will be hard to turn. My $.02.

On the price note, you should always be ready for sticker shock on vintage style rubber. It's never an easy pill to swallow, but nothing can make or break the looks of a vehicle more than tires. If it was cheap everybody would do it...[/QUOTE]

The 7.50-16 rear is what I suggested.

You're not going to achieve that look with a 16" wheel. The frontrunner in that photo is a much larger diameter. Notice the difference in tire girth from front to rear? That is how it is still so skinny at that height. A 16" tire at that same height is going to look like a steamroller on the front, and have terrible handling characteristics. Again, my advice is 7.50-16 rear, 5.50-16 front. It looks good, drives good and just plain works. No pun intended, but not trying to reinvent the wheel here...

Latest posts

Back