Jay and me

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lazarat

Yes...that Jay.

So being semi retired I have a part time job in a kitchen at a country club. This club is full of very rich folks, some who have classic cars.

I sometimes drive the 53 Chev there, looking so out of place with all of the brand new SUVs, Vettes, Mercedes, etc, I park it a ways away. This day, yesterday, I felt like driving it, almost didn't, then at the last minute decided to take it.

So near the end of my day, the bartender comes to me and says I got to show you this car out front, and here is this vintage 20's race car.

I asked whose is it, and he says "Jay Leno drove up in it". Wait...Jay Leno is here? Yes, he's in the bar. So the bar is about a hundred feet away, and I used the excuse to get a coke to see for myself. Yep there he is, with a couple members, one of whom is the guy that owns the racer.

So now I am conniving. How to get the Pope of car collectors to check out my car. We are not allowed to talk to or bother the guests, especially celebrities, unless of course you are the server, which I am not. So the bartender knows I brought my rod today, and I asked him if there is anyway possible to get Jay to check out mine. He knows the member well, and says he can't talk directly to Jay, but he will see if he can mention it to the member, obviously a car guy.

Sure enough, as Jay is taking pics with the servers, other members, and the kitchen help, he says that yes, tell him to bring the car up front! My shift being over I run way out into the lot, pull the car up close to where the racer is, and wait patiently during the photo fest, now outside by the racer.

Finally I have my chance and I say to Jay "hey want to check out a real ride?" He says yea lets go check this out. So we go over to it and I pop the hood as he is peeking into the interior. He saw "The Club" which I use to secure the car, and he joked and said "I see the club, thats a period piece!"

Then I showed him the V8 Splash juice bottle I have for the radiator reservoir and how "I searched high and low for that particular part" He chuckled as did the racer member. We talked and joked about a few more things and he teased me because I had an automatic. I told him it came with the car and that it was set up for the strip, and that I would like to go street gasser with it...eventually...as the kitchen co worker snapped these pics....and to think I almost didn't take the car this day.....I can die now.

Attachments

• IMG_1629.JPG
    IMG_1629.JPG
    155.1 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1631.jpg
    IMG_1631.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1632.jpg
    IMG_1632.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1634.jpg
    IMG_1634.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1635.jpg
    IMG_1635.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 49
thats a cool happening haha [cl

"I can die now" ...? no way man... Just imagine him in his naked butt.... he looks just like any other old car guy :D

I'm glad you shared your 'driving around' pictures with us.

One of my pet peeves is, too many of the guys on here show us the building of their car, but drop off the face of the earth, when it comes to showing us the occasional 'driving around' picture. We need to see your cars once in a while, guys!

Thank you for showing us your car and a happy moment, Lazarat.

thats a cool happening haha [cl

"I can die now" ...? no way man... Just imagine him in his naked butt.... he looks just like any other old car guy :D

It was just a car guy chat. The "I can die now" was because I was finally able to get the car in the best parking spot in front of this high classed place...lol.

Hey and as far as the dropping off the face of the earth...a little guilty there, I have so much hilarity to share I didn't know where to begin.

More of the crazy stuff, especially at our monthly meets..coming up!

We're visiting my son and his family for a few weeks. This afternoon we went to the Plant City car show and I saw your Chevy. Remembered it from this thread. You weren't around so I couldn't say "hi".

We're visiting my son and his family for a few weeks. This afternoon we went to the Plant City car show and I saw your Chevy. Remembered it from this thread. You weren't around so I couldn't say "hi".

Really! I took a bunch of pics, not much in the rat rod venue, but the Edsel, and the cars I am between are my friends, and we were sitting behind that storage container in the shade next to the railroad museum. I probably saw you peek at the car...Wow, hopefully next time...which would be February 16, or third Saturday of every month. Or if still in the area PM me and we can kick down a few and cruise the 53 and scare people

Attachments

• IMG_0006 (1).JPG
    IMG_0006 (1).JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back