My rusty/ratty 1948 Chevrolet truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every time I see a pic of this truck I get so worked up I can't even sleep. It's beautiful! I have a 52 5 window i'm gonna start on in a few months and gonna make a flatbed outa it too. Have been wanting one and now I'm gonna make me one. HA! Startin' to get all worked up just thinking about it. Ain't it hilarious how a rat rod can get ya this wound up? I think my spring is about to twist out....hahaahahhahahaa

Every time I see a pic of this truck I get so worked up I can't even sleep. It's beautiful! I have a 52 5 window i'm gonna start on in a few months and gonna make a flatbed outa it too. Have been wanting one and now I'm gonna make me one. HA! Startin' to get all worked up just thinking about it. Ain't it hilarious how a rat rod can get ya this wound up? I think my spring is about to twist out....hahaahahhahahaa

Glad you like it. I have really enjoyed this truck.

Don't know how I've missed this thread so far, but I just saw this.
Love your truck. You're an inspiration to me.
Here's my S-10 AD I've been working on....
hoodon.jpg

Look familiar? Yours and mine are brothers, or at least distant cousins.

Last edited:
I'm really kicking myself for getting rid of my old S-10 now. I have been wanting to do something like this for quite a while now ad never thought about it when I had the S-10! Oh well live and learn! Now I need to figure out what I can sell so I can get all I need for this swap! LOL!

hey flipper, I just was searching around ( I know, A.D.D. again!) and found a local bone yard I deal with has a 2004 Duramax diesel motor complete for $2K. I have a 4l80e trans and know of a guy that has a 2001 1500 2wd frame complete for $350. add my 50 GMC 2 1/2 T cab and Hummm.......[;)

I've had it with all of the rust holes that fumes can enter the cab...and all of the water leaks around the windows (due to rusted out flanges). This winter I am going to swap cabs and make this a nicer truck.

Don't get me wrong, it has been fun, but I think I can improve on it (and I happen to have a great cab in the barn).

Right now, I'm thinking about sectioning it forward of the doors. Something like 1.5 inches through the hood, raising the fenders by the same amount, and trimming an inch or two from the bottom of the trailing side of the fender. The truck will go down a couple more inches also.

Currently thinking about keeping it a flatbed, but it will be redone with nicer wood (maybe sheetmetal sides under the flatbed).

Oh yeah, I want a cab that can be sealed up tight enough for air conditioning to work!

Still love this truck, Flipper. Missed seeing it the last couple of years. Pics don't do it justice. A real work of rolling artwork.:cool::cool:

Oh yeah, the truck ran an 8.50 in the eighth. That equates to a 13.25 in the quarter. Not bad considering that it has a smaller cam and carb than it used to have (I was trying to get better fuel economy).

Having a flatbed is handy

IMG_0192-1.jpg

IMG_0195-1.jpg

I happened to notice some fresh rubber on the back of the cab. Y'all think dad has been beating on it?

IMG_0235.jpg

under the bed, above the tire

IMG_0239-1.jpg

IMG_0240-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back