Flash back fairlane

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got some goodies for the car the other day! Super happy with the way they look. Now we will see if we can make them fit[;)

Attachments

• 0324201718b.jpg
    0324201718b.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 0324201718a.jpg
    0324201718a.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 0324201720.jpg
    0324201720.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 0324201720a.jpg
    0324201720a.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 11
Headers almost fit in the car!!!

Attachments

• 0405201555.jpg
    0405201555.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 0405201555_HDR.jpg
    0405201555_HDR.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 67
Picked up my new hood!!

Attachments

• 0501201820_HDR.jpg
    0501201820_HDR.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 0501201819a_HDR.jpg
    0501201819a_HDR.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 0501201819_HDR.jpg
    0501201819_HDR.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 16
Weight loss program. :p Do you need the clearance? Are you gonna pin it on? Did you get those headers squeezed in?

Dang half a million questions LOL. No I do not need the clearance, but when I open up the inside of it I figured it would help with heat dissipation. No, the hood is actually built for a factory hood latch and hinges. No, I have not had any time to work on my own stuff. I have an idea on how to make stuff fit a little better for the headers

Thanks, its a slow process for sure. But your right. Not everyone gets a second chance at a car.

Ok guys, I have a decision to make. I have kind of stalled out on the car. The engine is not fitting what so ever. The headers are interfering with the shock towers. I started pricing out mustang 2 conversions and quickly changed my mind. Not cheap, especially since I already spent a good amount on parts for the original front end that is now giving me issues.

I might be able to sell some of the stuff but not banking on it.

So my dad and I where looking at it the other day anf he tossed out the idea of a gasser. Straight axle would fix all my clearance issues. I had never thought about this option cause I was going for low good handling driver. Not a race car. But I could get this car done alot gaster with doing a gasser build.

So, what you guys thing. Waist more time trying to make it fit as it is, spend more money for mustang 2 and keep the good handling driver vibe going, or completely change directions and build a cool gasser out of it???[S

I think the gasser would be cool but not much of a driver. I liked the original plan but watching your videos I understand the issues. If there was a way to make it work I think you would end up driving the wheels off of it.

I think the gasser would be cool but not much of a driver. I liked the original plan but watching your videos I understand the issues. If there was a way to make it work I think you would end up driving the wheels off of it.

That was my plan. That car was my daily driver for three years all through High School. I'd like to get back to being able to drive it. If I do a Gasser set up I'm not going to make it to over-exaggerated where a front end sits up too high. Understandable it's still a solid axle with leaf springs and it's going to drive like butt. I'm about out of options with the front end as it sets. I know I'm not going to get my money back out of the brakes my uncle does want suspension arms if I decide not to go that route but that's not gaining me anything. I wish I knew I could buy bearings and races to make those brakes go on my spindles for Mustang II but I don't know if that would work or not. Really I'm going to lose the most money in the brakes so if I could reuse them that would be cool. Maybe I could call Willwood and say hey here's my dilemma is there any way these brakes will work. Or maybe I can buy the The Hub from Mustang to and use my rotors and calipers and just have to buy the mounting brackets. If that was the case I could make it work and the car would be together a hell of a lot faster. Kind of quit buying parts for it and working on it because of this problem

My whole hiccup for the Gasser thing is I would not be able to drive it like I want

From my personal experience, building a car that you won't be happy driving is only fun while you are building it. You have waited a long time for this car already. You are young. You have time to wait a bit longer. Relax. Sales happen. Deals happen. Hold off and build the car you want to drive.

There is also the possibility that another solution will come along.

NOTE: I love gassers, but realistically, they are more fun to look at, and of course race. But they are not the best for a weekend trip.

Latest posts

Back