53 AD Chopped, sectioned and narrowed

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats not a z thats what the appalachian folk call a "jagger" :D[;)

looking good! except the wheels. but I get that guys want what they want, it aint my taste but I aint paying for it either. doowhatchoolike!

LOL, the funny thing is I've tried to get him to not use the bigass tires on the front but, he was adamant on the tires. Friday he walked into my shop and said "Holy crap those tires are huge" :confused:
Toooooo Laaaaate!!!!!!!!!!!:D

LOL, the funny thing is I've tried to get him to not use the bigass tires on the front but, he was adamant on the tires. Friday he walked into my shop and said "Holy crap those tires are huge" :confused:

Isn't that the way it always is? They don't listen to advice and then when it's too late realize they should have listened.

That frame looks STOUT!

Maybe the light bulb lit up and he'll go buy some narrower tires and wheels for the front!

Got the frame off the table and front end under it.
Made the front spring mount cross member out of 2.5" square tubing 3/16" wall.
Drilled a 3/4" hole through the front kickup, installed a sleeve with 1/2" hole to mount the end of the hairpins to.
My son Eric is in the frame to give a little scale to the size of the build.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 75.jpg
    75.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 123
  • 76.jpg
    76.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 126
  • 77.jpg
    77.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 125
  • 78.jpg
    78.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 126
  • 79.jpg
    79.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 127
  • 80.jpg
    80.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 125
  • 81.jpg
    81.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 121
  • 82.jpg
    82.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 125
  • 83.jpg
    83.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 124
That's looking great! Thanks for taking the time to post your progress - I'd be proud of work like that AND it's great info for the rest of us watching!

beautiful work OI![cl[cl

haha I bet it was one of those "you didnt TELL ME RIGHT!" meaning, its your fault for not explaining.

Gotsomoredone [ddd
The owner finally seen the faults of his imagination and decided to go with 18x8" on the front.
Well, it caused me to have to change the front suspension mounting from a spring behind to a spring over front axle :(
It is what it is :rolleyes:
Here's some pics of the spring perch. Tomorrow I'll start on the coilovers and triangulated four for the rear.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 0105191248.jpg
    0105191248.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 119
  • 0105191248a.jpg
    0105191248a.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 118
  • 0103191342.jpg
    0103191342.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 118
  • 0103191342a.jpg
    0103191342a.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 118
That is really cool, is the truck staying patina? You must have had the cab sitting outside in the weather all the cuts and welds are looking just like the tin beside them. [cl[cl[P[P

Latest posts

Back