Board track racer photos!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gastrick , this was in your neighborhood....Miami-Fulford Speedway

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Located on Miami Beach at Biscayne Bay, Miami-Fulford Speedway was a 1.25 mile wooden oval with corners banked at 50 degrees. Designed by Ray Harroun, the track was built by Carl F.Fisher, who also built Indianapolis. Only one race meeting was held on the 22nd February 1926, as the track was destroyed by a hurricane on the 17th September 1926, the wood and material being used to rebuild the town of Miami Beach.
The one race meeting held featured a 300 mile race won by Peter DePaolo, with Tommy Milton setting a fastest lap speed of 142.93mph.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

50 degree banking, WOW. Too bad the hurricane ended it's tenure after only one race. I'm pretty sure that there was a wood track near my home town of Cincinnati, Ohio too

The one race meeting held featured a 300 mile race won by Peter DePaolo, with Tommy Milton setting a fastest lap speed of 142.93mph.

OMG... a 300 miler & fastest lap of 142+ in 1926... please tell me that was in a car & not a bike!?!?!?! But really... either way... OMG!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Ck this!

Ok... while we're visiting board trackers & I love a good build... ck these guys awesome BT'er build... these guys have skills!

The Excelsior Project

And be sure to ck some of their other builds...

Flashback Fab

BoB

Attachments

• Excel0.jpg
    Excel0.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 31
Not a board tracker but this old HD is for sale on eBay right now. Check out the headlight.

Attachments

• hdav.JPG
    hdav.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 51
Great ole' photo,, OG ..:) the side box for the pet lion is to much,,I bet the lion luv'd it..:D

is there a little lft side offset to that chassis..? pretty cool.

unrestored

Attachments

• 1912_harley.jpg
    1912_harley.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 49
  • 1912_sideharley.jpg
    1912_sideharley.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 50
  • indianhandles%2020-08-48.jpg
    indianhandles%2020-08-48.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 44
  • indianside.jpg
    indianside.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 42
  • indian.jpg
    indian.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 42
Ok... while we're visiting board trackers & I love a good build... ck these guys awesome BT'er build... these guys have skills!

The Excelsior Project

And be sure to ck some of their other builds...

Flashback Fab

BoB

I checked out the build site and was in touch with the guy doing this work. The going price for one of these very fine engineered replicas is just around $150K large ones. Every bit of these track racers are completely hand built and special casting had to be engineered to build the ten that had been commissioned on this adventure. I recommend for all to take the time to visit the build post and review the videos of the firing of the engine.....its a real raspy little buger. I really enjoyed the reading and thanks for this link.

Maximo

Latest posts

Back