Rat Rods Rule / Undead Sleds - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Go Back   Rat Rods Rule / Undead Sleds - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! > Traditional Style Hot Rods

Traditional Style Hot Rods A general and broad section about "Traditional Style" rods!

Old 02-23-2018, 05:06 PM

KennyC, Yea I do like the bomber seats and I did think about that. Trouble is all of them seem to be fit for a size 7 1/2 butt, damn hard to fit my size 12 butt in them.

Talking about seats, when I went to get these seats upholstered no one and I mean no one would do what I wanted. I wanted individual pleats, not sewn in pleats. So I go and buy me one of them upholstery machines and start trying to learn how to sew, and that ain't easy I promise. I must have sewn up hundreds of yards of cheap material just trying to teach myself. Finally I sorta got the hang of it. I found out why no one wanted to do those individual pleats, man they are not easy. I upholstered the seats in my Model A myself as well as the door panels. I did not do the pleats I wanted on the seats but I did get a handle on it for the door panels. Sometime this spring when I am not knee deep in Hemi's I will redo the seats. Since you guys want pictures I took some of the seats and door panels.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2843 (Small).JPG (98.8 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2845 (Small).JPG (86.2 KB, 45 views)
Old 02-23-2018, 06:26 PM
He's rockin' the "Nuttin Special"!

Nice work on the seats!
Old 02-23-2018, 06:57 PM
Busted and Rusted on Route 66

Thumbs up

Very cool car!

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."

34 Ford Coupe
51 Ford F1
50 Stude Champ
Intro
Old 02-23-2018, 08:04 PM
Still crazy after all these years!

You're not foolin' me. You're a professional hot rod builder and also a professional upholsterer. Plus a professional engine builder. Just kidding. But you do have mad skills.
Old 02-23-2018, 09:49 PM

bob w, Thank you man for those kind words, and thanks to everyone for the words as well. I truly do not have the skills I would like to. I am just old and have picked up a lot over the years, but I am self taught never had anyone to show me how to do this stuff. Over the years I have messed up a lot of stuff, but in a way that is a good thing because after you have to go back and fix it you learn not to do that again.

I am proud of the way this upholstery came out, but if you guys had been there and see me doing it a dozen times before I got it right you would laugh right along side me.

The blower thing is an old dream of mine. I remember very well reading those little Rod And Custom magazines from back in the day and thinking how cool it would be to have a blown Hemi. Well finally I pulled the trigger on that. How will it turn out? well time will tell...
Old 04-07-2018, 10:43 PM

Well it's getting closer. was hoping to fire it up Friday, but the Blower belt was just to short, so another week waiting on parts. Oh the life of a Hot Rodder...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2942 (Medium).jpg (90.6 KB, 36 views)
Old 04-08-2018, 05:49 PM
Rocket Surgeon

The big pulley goes on the bottom. (Just kidding. My old racing brain often engages my loose mouth flap without warning. )

I have to wonder, why you didn't run the first block? I understand it was .120 over. Were replacement pistons a problem?

1937 Chevy Coupe
1938 Chevy Sedan
Old 04-08-2018, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Crankenstein View Post
The big pulley goes on the bottom. (Just kidding. My old racing brain often engages my loose mouth flap without warning. )

I have to wonder, why you didn't run the first block? I understand it was .120 over. Were replacement pistons a problem?

You know Doc I was just a little scared of that .120 over motor. It actually came with a brand new set of pistons in it, and now I am in the process of screwing it back together. My plans for it are for it to be a spare motor for my Model A, but no blower. The pistons that came with it are Jahns and like I said are brand new, but they are cast and the compression ratio is 12.5 to 1. Just a little stiff for a blower motor. But I do have a really cool 6 deuce setup for that motor and that will be very cool as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2848 (Small).JPG (94.6 KB, 24 views)
Old 04-09-2018, 12:53 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Cool looking intake. May we have another picture, please.

The thing about a '39 Ford pick-up is that that ugly grille kinda' grows on ya' after a while.

Not taking anything too seriously.
Old 04-09-2018, 08:37 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

That is a beautiful intake
Are those carbs 97's ???