My Lammy

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man....you just don't stop....

Wish I was able to do that....you have more stuff going on than I can keep track of....LOL....

Wish I was able to do that....you have more stuff going on than I can keep track of....LOL....

Yeah I it is hard for me to keep them straight too.... LOL

Never could get the hang of the whole one at a time concept.

Any how. Fuel line and filter are in place. Oil filled in the crank case. Should need to hook up the wiring but that will be a chore. Need to solder up some connections people previously twisted and taped, that doesn't fly with me. Still waiting on some ordered parts before we are ready to fire. I can't wait to hear it run though!

Dag Nabit!! Now look what ya gone and done!! Made us wait...

Attachments

• Walter Brennan.jpg
    Walter Brennan.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 2
Well all the cables are in place now, finished installing the trim pieces but haven't got in to much else. Need to get after the wiring maybe tonight.

Hooked it all up yesterday and added gas. Gas proceeded to pour all over the shop floor, float stuck. Kicked it over a few times, and no spark....

Started tracing stuff down but never got the bottom of it. Thinking it may need a set of points.

On the bright side you have a clean shop floor. You'll get it, are you going to put a loud pipe on it for the video your going to share with us

On the bright side you have a clean shop floor. You'll get it, are you going to put a loud pipe on it for the video your going to share with us

Actually it cleaned most of the blue paint off my beloved lift table.... :(

And it has already got a pipe on it. Since it is two stroke you have to be careful with pipes. I did however swap to a tuned clubman pipe so its a big bore tuned pipe but looks stock. Curious to see what that sounds like, can't even remember what it sounded like stock though.

After a little points filing and a lot of kicking I heard it run for the first time in 15 years. Was a beautiful thing. It didn't run long, but enough to know that there is some hope for the little dude.

That will be a kick to ride, lots of fun at 42 mph. I picked up a Stella scooter a few years ago to put behind the motorhome for Speedweek and they are a blast.

Had a wild hair yesterday. Did some more points cleaning and gave it a breath of starting fluid and it started. But it sounds like it is knocking.... :( Think I am going to check in to sending the motor to a shop. I did the rebuild but maybe I measured a clearance wrong and it needed a bearing??

Latest posts

Back