Chevy 3100,3600,3800 fenderless trucks?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thisguy65

Thinking of picking up a cab but want to do a fender less truck anyone done this? Wanting to it to lay frame when parked.

It's been done. In my eye the 1947 and newer don't look as good as the 46 and earlier fenderless. The 47 and later is larger inside which gives you more room for things like raising the tunnel and room for the pedals. A 48 and up Ford is a little better looking fenderless than the Chevy to me but still not as good looking as the earlier models. That being said It's your build. If you like it that's all that matters.

I dis agree. Done right they can look good. We are doin ine right now. Uses the hood and a cut down stock grill, solid axle no ifs. The hood makes the cab look not so wide

low budget is right.. the few I have seen that look good are running modified hoods.. but i will say for every one of those i see done OK there are a hundred that are done poorly

I would use the cab and the bed. Grill will be made using something another, not sure. The motor I intend to use is big..about 2-3x as heavy as a sbc. These trucks are big and don't see many done (reason why I started this thread). When it comes to bodies that are older I haven't been able to find zero in the last month and half.

I think it was Donuts1 on here was doing one that had the look. But that didn't finish iirc his wife got real sick.

Looks like I may go with a 49 Ford F-1. Trying to get the porptions worked out with the cummins. I hope the cab is not to small.

if fenderless,,,then just extend the firewall 6-8 inches is best option if you want to sit reclined and comfortable for long drives.
but if it is a local burger joint sitter, then don't spend the 10 hours to do it,, just sit like a librarian.
you can compare 50s cabs vs. 70s,, and you will find 8 inches longer cab on average.
40s-50s extended cab mods to the "cab b-post" rarely turn out proportional.

the "number one" reason people sell their rat build is --NOT COMFORTABLE--
more than a 20 mile drive.

a bummer after year to build and money spent... but it looks cool..

remember this is a rat rod ,,think outside the box,,,be creative site....
thats my opinion

I think it was Donuts1 on here was doing one that had the look. But that didn't finish iirc his wife got real sick.

this was the one I was thinking of... I also recall he sold it because his wife got sick...

Latest posts

Back