Short Show - Short Car

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr Crankenstein

Rocket Surgeon
My son spied a Show and Shine today and (naturally) called me. I wasn't aware of this event, so I grabbed my camera and went down there...

This Ranchero is a beautiful car. (Needs a healthy shot of "Anti-Donk" but otherwise, very nice.)

attachment.php

bobw alert! Can you ID this car? (I know what it is, only because I read the window card.)

attachment.php

If I had known, I'd have gone earlier. I got those ^^^ two pictures while the event was finishing up and clearing out, just in time for a blast of weather...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Sorry for the short tour, but it was nearly over before I got there and the weather got worse... strong winds, rain and some hail forced me to tuck my camera and run. :(

Everybody's a comedian. ;)

Where I come from, it's tornado season. Most people (in these parts) have the common sense to "book it" when the weather turns from good to bad to holy sh** inside of 12 minutes. I took myself home as quick as I could get there. I did not see any funnel clouds, but I'll stop and take a picture (or three) next time I see one. :eek: :D

I kinda agree with Bob, Doc., I don't care if see any pictures of rain and wind, but I hate to miss all of your car pictures. So far we haven't seen any pictures of anything. How can we keep believing you? [dr

Sorry, guys. I don't know what went wrong here. I'll "reboot" with my apologies to all...

My son spied a Show and Shine today and (naturally) called me. I wasn't aware of this event, so I grabbed my camera and went down there...

This Ranchero is a beautiful car. (Needs a healthy shot of "Anti-Donk" but otherwise, very nice.)

attachment.php

bobw alert! Can you ID this car? (I know what it is, only because I read the window card.)

attachment.php

If I had known, I'd have gone earlier. I got those ^^^ two pictures while the event was finishing up and clearing out, just in time for a blast of weather...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Sorry for the short tour, but it was nearly over before I got there and the weather got worse... strong winds, rain and some hail forced me to tuck my camera and run. :(

Attachments

• IMG_0357.JPG
    IMG_0357.JPG
    175.8 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0358 - LA 58 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_0358 - LA 58 - Copy.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0360.JPG
    IMG_0360.JPG
    156.8 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0359.JPG
    IMG_0359.JPG
    218.6 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Everybody's a comedian. ;)

Where I come from, it's tornado season. Most people (in these parts) have the common sense to "book it" when the weather turns from good to bad to holy sh** inside of 12 minutes. I took myself home as quick as I could get there. I did not see any funnel clouds, but I'll stop and take a picture (or three) next time I see one. :eek: :D

ok214-toystory.jpg

sneakysnake understands!

Thanks Doc. Glad you are safe. Glad you have a sense of humor, too. :D

So, what is it?

Thanks, Skip. :)

Is it a Lloyd?

You got it, bob.

In typical car show fashion and wit, the window card read:

Year: 1958
Make:
Model:
Owner: Lloyd Alexander

It's a German product... 1958 Lloyd Alexander made by Borgward, like the Hansa you stumped us with some time ago. [cl

Latest posts

Back