need to remove paint from Chassis Plate

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wretched ratchet

Some 'idiot' painted over the Chassis Serial # Plate on my '56 GMC and I need to know how to clean the paint off and NOT damage or destroy the plate and the information stamped on it. Come'on dudes, I know that one of Y'all has a secret ingredient or solution or goop like "Love Potion # 9" or something so give it up to a feller Rodder, ok?
ChassisSerialPlate.jpg

If I knew who did this, I would pee in his paint sprayer ![ddd

I had the same problem on a lift truck we bought. I used brake fluid on a rag. I didn't have a nice paint job on the fork lift like you got there. Just be very patient as it is a slow process, but it came off.

my post didnt show?

well I had put a few ways to get it off but the one I'd try is trace around it with a razor blade and shave it off. that shiny aluminum it might just peel up . or a pencil rubbing might show up on tissue paper

my serial plate was painted over, too. i used commercial grade grafitti remover and an old teethbrush (cuz i have more than one). a little soak here a little brush here, it all came clean in about an hour.

Latest posts

Back