Powder coat or?...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

52 fordman

Okay we moved.... and where we are living now there is a custom coating shop opening up. My questions are about exhaust. What is the big difference between powder coating and ceramic coating? and how does it effect your motor? I am looking into doing this to my harley. Will the exhaust put off the same heat or will it be pushed further down the exhaust and out?

Any thoughts or input is welcome.

52 fordman

Okay we moved.... and where we are living now there is a custom coating shop opening up. My questions are about exhaust. What is the big difference between powder coating and ceramic coating? and how does it effect your motor? I am looking into doing this to my harley. Will the exhaust put off the same heat or will it be pushed further down the exhaust and out?

Any thoughts or input is welcome.

52 fordman

I was looking to powder coat my exhaust on my zuki chopper ephemera I was building it. I asked around and got the common answer that powder coat won't hold up to exhaust.
I actually bought a powder coat machine and snagged an old oven and powder coated my entire bike except the heads and exhaust. All the powders are baked around 350 degrees. When you first take them out to cool, the powder is pretty soft, enough to leave finger prints spin it if you touch it.

Exhausts should be ceramic coated as its baked on at a much higher temp and because of this, it will hold up to higher temps.

Latest posts

Back