65 GMC s/w build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gauntlet has been thrown

Riding home in the car last night me and the wifes conversation turned to my truck.... She basically said I could not buy new parts for the truck until I fixed what was already present on my truck. So I have a new found passion to get my truck fixed so I can get some parts and make her not throw the truck back in my face. So as for now I am going to the garage and locking the door and not coming out:D.

Thomas [;)

Nothing much to update... Got a new 60 gallon air compressor but I have no 240 outlet in my garage.. So its a nice piece of garage art I guess.. Anyways hopefully by this weekend I will have everything off the front of the truck so I can pull that engine out easy....Hopefully...

Thomas[;)

Update....took most the engine apart...most all the lifters were bowl shaped on the cam side and the cam lobes are circles...the cylinder walls are smooth though with just a little lip on the top...I need all new bearings...and also the push rod ends of a couple were chewed off...so it sounds like first ill get a valve job and new springs...order new hydraulic lifters and rocker arms, push rods and cam...then Ill go towards the bottom end...

any suggestions on rocker arms, lifters, or cam let me know...I was thinking of comp cam stuff.

Thomas[;)

Comp Cams definitely makes good products. I just ordered a new Lunati and lifters because they had on off the shelf with the #'s I was looking for. I will let you know how it works.
Hope you stay motivated and finish the truck to what ever level you want. My first vehicle was a 1965 Chevy step side 6 cylinder 3 on the tree. Painted it black and drove it for years. On week ends I would take my mothers wire hubcaps off her Thunderbird so I would look good at the mall cruising for chicks. Sorry did not mean to hijack.

I've used Comp & Lunati, both are excellent. I put a Lunati in this monster. Runs like a scalded dog :D

IMG_6931_zps43e5ceca.jpg

maverickmk....could you package that up and ship it to me :D.

Im am thinking of going with a lunati voodoo cam kit that includes the lifters..any thoughts on those..and are they made in the USA?

Thomas[;)

Im am thinking of going with a lunati voodoo cam kit that includes the lifters..any thoughts on those..and are they made in the USA?

Thomas[;)

Don't know about the Made in USA part, but my buddy put one of those in a SBC and wow the power that came out of that cam swap!!

Thomas[;)

Sorry, it's sold. I usually build them for someone or they get put into a project right away.

Update....

As of June 28th I will be unemployed.....but on the brighter side of things maybe I can finish up some things on the house and the truck... That being said if anyone is interested I will be posting some update pics of my 65 this week and some pics of the new loot I got from lunati for my engine.

Thomas[;)

Update

Here are a few pics of how the truck sits now....waiting on parts and a cherry picker....

Thomas[;)

Attachments

• DSCN8560edit.jpg
    DSCN8560edit.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCN8564edit.jpg
    DSCN8564edit.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCN8566edit.jpg
    DSCN8566edit.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCN8568edit.jpg
    DSCN8568edit.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 21
  • DSCN8570edit.jpg
    DSCN8570edit.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 22
Here is my new parts...money is tight just getting them as i can afford them...

Thomas [;)

Attachments

• DSCN8905.JPG
    DSCN8905.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 19
update

Been doing some frame painting trying to get it all to look good.

Attachments

• DSCN8907edit.jpg
    DSCN8907edit.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCN8911edit.jpg
    DSCN8911edit.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCN8912edit.jpg
    DSCN8912edit.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCN8913edit.jpg
    DSCN8913edit.jpg