Gasser & Altered fotos!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The idea was to transfer weight to the rear wheels for traction. As slicks got better and suspensions setups more effective, gasser design changed radically. The cars were built low with aerodynamics and good handling becoming a higher priority.

BTW, I enjoy this thread a lot. Thank you to all those who post.

Fabulous collection, Mullins.

The idea was to transfer weight to the rear wheels for traction. As slicks got better and suspensions setups more effective, gasser design changed radically. The cars were built low with aerodynamics and good handling becoming a higher priority.

BTW, I enjoy this thread a lot. Thank you to all those who post.

Fabulous collection, Mullins.

Tanks :) now I´m a little bit smarter again :)

fiddyfive.jpg

get-attachment9.jpg

Here's a '33 Willys my very good friend (to this day) Jim & I ran for a short time in the mid-60's. It had a 332" SBC with a Torqueflite. Two big AFB's on a crossram manifold. Jim moved away and took the car and I kept the engine, trans and rear end which I put in an Anglia Thames panel. I crashed that one a year later and parted it out.

get-attachment9.jpg

Here's a '33 Willys my very good friend (to this day) Jim & I ran for a short time in the mid-60's. It had a 332" SBC with a Torqueflite. Two big AFB's on a crossram manifold. Jim moved away and took the car and I kept the engine, trans and rear end which I put in an Anglia Thames panel. I crashed that one a year later and parted it out.

What happened to the body?

Just got this photo in the mail Saturday. It is my dad old Willys from the early 60's. The photo was dropped off at my mom's house by a guy I went to high school with but haven't seen in 20+ years. His dad raced with my dad for years.

The photo was taken in June 1963 at MoKan Dragway where the HAMB Drags are held every August.

Harley%20Estes%20Garage-L.jpg

Car trailer car right now till the balance of my parts arive. Street drives when it's decent weather & I have time.

Cheater slicks are on order & have to install almn. flat tow hooks. Also the rear wheels on it now are actually the front. The cragars are for another '64 sedan I own.

It'll be sold when I finish probably by April if all stuff arrives.

R46

These were all taken by me at Niagara Dragstrip in the 60's.

Attachments

• bruce_15.jpg
    bruce_15.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 68
  • bruce_16.jpg
    bruce_16.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 64
  • bruce_18.jpg
    bruce_18.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 66
  • bruce_21.jpg
    bruce_21.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 61
  • bruce_27.jpg
    bruce_27.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 62
Also my pictures from Niagara Dragster in the 60's.

Attachments

• bruce_20.jpg
    bruce_20.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 52
  • bruce_12.jpg
    bruce_12.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 58
  • bruce_40.jpg
    bruce_40.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 53
  • bruce_41.jpg
    bruce_41.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 54
  • bruce_44.jpg
    bruce_44.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 54
Heres my gasser and a shot of my altered I sold after racin it for 10 years
11315294martinmiwheelie.jpg

nothin better than whippin a blown willys

My altered I sold 2 years ago,I miss that ride alot
169535939_columbusalteredstart-1.jpg

Racin a fuelie poncho, just plain fuin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
buickgasser.jpg

Latest posts

Back