Mustang SUV... soooooo wrong!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why even sully the Mustang name with a 4dr sedan, let alone one that looks much like a Tesla clone? If they really want to use the name, just make a performance EV version of the Mustang....
Why do all the manufacturers seem to want EVs to look goofy and weird - if they just made them look like any other car they might have broader appeal.
Or maybe I just have a kind of hot rod tunnel vision, wanting to hold onto my idea of what is a cool looking car and pooping on them there new fangled future mobiles. [S

YUCK

ONE UGLY P 0 S:confused:

Later:cool:

Attachments

• mr. yuck.jpg
    mr. yuck.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 1
  • mr. yuck.jpg2.jpg
    mr. yuck.jpg2.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 2
My Wife drives an 02 GT so she doesn't think it should have been done. I think the car looks like every medium SUV on the road. They really need to remove the name Mustang. Jim

I have never understood why Ford takes a sport car and turns it into a 4 door dinosaur. Did it with the Tbird...how come I never see a four door Corvette?

I’m a FORD guy, but that ugly pos will drive a few more nails in Fords coffin. They lost their way a few years ago and still haven’t found it back.
Dr. C has it , Musturd is right.:mad:

Don't remember seeing a car company trash up the #1 nameplate in their lineup like that! :eek:

Zipper

Why even sully the Mustang name with a 4dr sedan, let alone one that looks much like a Tesla clone? If they really want to use the name, just make a performance EV version of the Mustang....
Why do all the manufacturers seem to want EVs to look goofy and weird - if they just made them look like any other car they might have broader appeal.
Or maybe I just have a kind of hot rod tunnel vision, wanting to hold onto my idea of what is a cool looking car and pooping on them there new fangled future mobiles. [S

I'm going to disagree ZZ, with the unpopular opinion that it's a smart marketing play by Ford. I can't say if the decision was mine I would have named it Mustang, but it is smart. It is just an arbitrary name of a car after all, history or not. People buying a Mustang sports car are going to buy one regardless of what this thing is called. What they're cashing in on here is someone that wants an EV and is drawn by the Mustang-like styling and nameplate, so they're essentially using the emotional draw that the name Mustang and the styling gives in order to market it. People often make purchasing decisions based on emotions, so I think it's very smart on their part.

You said it doesn't look like any other car on the road, but I think it really does. I've seen the initial design concepts that were scrapped and they made the designers scrap the original design and go back to the drawing board and make the nose longer and the shape more traditional of the crossovers/suv's of today with some Mustang design elements. If it had a different grille, it would easily fit in on most dealership lots of today. It didn't need the long nose and sloping rear roof, they did that specifically to make it have more Mustang-like styling.

For what it is, I think it's interesting and different. In all honesty it doesn't matter to Ford what any of us on this forum think of it. We're not the target customers for this vehicle and I doubt any of us will ever buy one.

Not the first time Ford screwed with the Mustang, remember the Mustang II ?

When the MII came out I drove a Black/Gold Cobra version! I am not exaggerating... you could actually watch the gas gauge go down! And that was during the gas embargo... no wonder they didn't sell well! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

I’m a FORD guy, but that ugly pos will drive a few more nails in Fords coffin. They lost their way a few years ago and still haven’t found it back.
Dr. C has it , Musturd is right.:mad:

I understand that us enthusiasts tend to say they've lost their way when we don't agree with the decisions a car company makes. However, their business is to sell vehicles, and they're on track to sell over 2.3 Million vehicles this year as they have for at least the past 5 years. The vast majority of those are sold to the general public and fleets, not enthusiasts, so the stats seem to disagree that they've lost their way.

Most of the new vehicles from any manufacturer aren't my taste, but I'm not the typical consumer they're aimed at.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Ford Sales Numbers.jpg
    Ford Sales Numbers.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 13
  • Mustang Sales Numbers.jpg
    Mustang Sales Numbers.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 10
  • F-Series Sales Numbers.jpg
    F-Series Sales Numbers.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 9
I understand that us enthusiasts tend to say they've lost their way when we don't agree with the decisions a car company makes. However, their business is to sell vehicles, and they're on track to sell over 2.3 Million vehicles this year as they have for at least the past 5 years. The vast majority of those are sold to the general public and fleets, not enthusiasts, so the stats seem to disagree that they've lost their way.

Most of the new vehicles from any manufacturer aren't my taste, but I'm not the typical consumer they're aimed at.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Never let facts get in the way of a good story :p

You'd think a global corporation with all its resources could afford an original thought. If this is marketing genius, stay tuned for the new Pinto. :p

thought this was relevant here... even Mrs Crates ex race horse screwed his face up at this junk... oh the 2nd pic is Not her horse by the way ....

Attachments

• new mustang.jpg
    new mustang.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 11

Latest posts

Back