my new project!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

70_boosted

i just traded my 42 dodge for this 42 ford...have some good ideas of my own, which i deny to give out, for i dont want someone to steal them ahead of me! but im just getting some input as far as motor, paint, wheels, etc. let me know...maybe someone could play around and photo shop it? let me know guys thanx.

Attachments

• ojhg.jpg
    ojhg.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 856
picture is and blurry but phone began to die before pic was taken. everything as is except no motor...bagged, channeled, bed panels, grill, chopped 4", all rims and tires, headlights, toyota frame,...

im thinking of maybe throwing in one of my pontiac blocks, along with a turbo for cheap quick fun? what you guys think? maybe a custom chassis to better hold my needs and able to help easily build a flat bed with a z'ed chassis? let me know your guys thoughts.

yea...ill most likely build custom onto the frame there...but i may have a hook up on a 460...4spd...and matching dually axle...so i think i shall be building my frame and set up to match those...

just brought her home today...too dark to take more pics, but did get this snapped before i returned the trailer...let me know what you all think, maybe through out an idea or 2? everything is welcome.

frame is independent front..toyota mini truck frame...solid cab, even tho i get to finish welding the chop seams...rear is bagged as well as the front. bed is loose so i can custom build the flat bed to haul bikes. still need the z the back some more and possible the front a tad so i can park frame. but here she is, im much happier with my side of the trade. traded the dodge sedan for the truck

Attachments

• 42.jpg
    42.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 580
  • mms_picture.jpg
    mms_picture.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 281
No idea of yer previous ryde so Im just curious, but why the trade? You just like this one better or is there another reason? Again, just curious??
I like the dually idea. Thats wat Im building. RR:D

i was always after a truck, but i could never find one. so i bought the 42 sedan for 600 in hopes of changing my mind of finding a trade for it. found a trade and a truck, and now im going strong. i may pass the dually idea unless i can find a good package deal.

here are a few pics, from yesterday and tonight...did some more welding on the unfinished chop, and cleaned out the inside getting it ready to really dig into this weekend

Attachments

• mms_picture.jpg
    mms_picture.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 404
  • mms_picture_2.jpg
    mms_picture_2.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 364
  • mms_picture_3.jpg
    mms_picture_3.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 350
  • mms_picture5.jpg
    mms_picture5.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 539
  • mms_picture6.jpg
    mms_picture6.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 447
Boosted,

Looks great so far. Love the turbo on the Pontiac BB idea.
Whenever I see a turbo on a Rat it takes me about an hour to quit smiling (turbo 350 or 400, not so much). Some guys make that exhaust tube do amaaaaazing contortions.

once i level out the frame and get the back Z settled ill work on the front and see if i need to section the grill or not. as long as the hood sits close to level and the grill doesnt scrap once parked on the ground. it may stay unsectioned.

I had to section the Ford Truck shell on my T appx4". They are wider that car shells, and I finally got to put in a big honkin 'lunium rad to finally keep the 455 Pontiac cool!!

Good lookin shell--kinda hard to come by..

PA41

Attachments

• work 092.jpg
    work 092.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 99
  • work 083.jpg
    work 083.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 86
pontiac 350 with a turbo! so maybe a bit of power!

the grill came with but will see how it fits with some temp brackets and custom hood! should be mean lookin, if not, sell that grill and get something else to test out...

come this weekend, i am working on the rear z, fabbing in a 4 link with a custom style flat bed using the stock bed sides and the full 6ft bed rails.

Whats my best option as far asrear suspension with a z'd frame...4 link? parallel? triangulated? im running bags but im not sure iwanna throw tons into suspension kits

i set my rear up with parallel 4 link with a pan hard bar... i think if i were to do it again i would do a triangulated set up.. just to simplify the number of components... i did it cause i wanted to run the links to the outside of my bedsides... well.. where the bed side will be one day...

but there are lots of ways you could tackle the set up... thats just how i did it

Latest posts

Back