41 chevy 1.5 ton, second build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerchooper

lets see what i can come up with this time.

well here we go, its going to be a slow start but it should pick up fast. i want to enjoy my other rat before the snow flys. i have till march 20th to finish, bet a buck lol.

any how here is my 41 chevy 1.5 ton. i want to chop the top, find another ford front axle, chevy rear end, sbc and tranny as of now lol. going to build my frame, 4 link rear and maybe front.

enough gabbing here are the pics of todays dismantle and reassembly, lol.

41chevy007.jpg

truck001.jpg

truck002.jpg

truck004.jpg

truck006.jpg

custom body repair, im going to weld it on this time. who ever used glue should have know it wasnt going to work.
truck010.jpg

truck023.jpg

go alot of work for the rear body line. i plan to use another hood i bought and cut the body line off of it to patch the rear of the truck.

truck024.jpg

truck025.jpg

this is where im at as of today. going to order some more 2x4" material next week for the frame and start building.

truck029.jpg

truck031.jpg

right now i am corpo, but things change lol.

thanks nos

Probably a wise decision, i think my truck would have been on the road a long time ago had i chosen to just ditch the big wheels, but I was stubborn and thats what I had planned in my head.. didnt know how much headache it was going to cause... still have one more big hurdle for my build and the big truck parts... stay tuned...

Ps. that rim you had on the front driverside... restorers look for those... think they are called motorhome style wheels.. i guess they are hard to find .. but I find any of the rims hard to find that arent shot...

Ps. that rim you had on the front driverside... restorers look for those... think they are called motorhome style wheels.. i guess they are hard to find .. but I find any of the rims hard to find that arent shot...

the driver side wheel? in the garage or on the oem frame?

i think with it slammed and the huge wheels it will look out of ballance, as of now. i know that front axle could make 3 car axles. i remember the rear axle you did, beautifull work, but its alot of work just for them wheels.

I'm sorry I meant front passanger side, on the truck frame

well i got a doner car today. $550 for a 78 caprice, 350 2bl, th350. i plan on stealing the motor, tranny, rear end, roof and trunk lid, wiring harness and the brake booster and master cylinder to start. it will head to the local scraper this friday with other junk i have laying around here to return my money back. once i get that money i will get my frame material to start it off.

If you have a circle race track near you you might want to try and sell some of the suspension parts, and frame. They use them up pretty quick. Beats the scrapper.

well ive been tinkering with thing here and there. i striped the caprice and this is what i got left. some parts are not pictured but here we go.
350 2bl motor and th350 tranny.
truck002-1.jpg

rear end, im going to cut off the casting for the upper links. its a open rearend and havent checked the ratio. i did do a burn out before i removed everything from the caprice, lol.
truck003-1.jpg

here is a 35 ford drilled axle i picked up and i got new spindles and disk brake kit from kenny's rod and cutom.
truck004-1.jpg

my going to be brake booster and master cylinder
truck005.jpg

ive been playing hell trying to find these stupid clutch head bits to remove every little bolt inside the cab. i did locate a couple bits.
heres my head linner, lol.
truck007.jpg

i did manage to get the front and rear window out. all the inner trim strips and d door pannel off today. still got the pass side and the back inner wall to remove before the cut takes place.

truck006-1.jpg

truck009.jpg

truck010-1.jpg

ok its really close to the hair cut.

i would like you guys opion on how this looks. i plan on taking 4.75" out of the top. 3" out of the back window.

chop1005.jpg

chop1007.jpg

chop1002.jpg

chop1003.jpg

Latest posts

Back