ANYONE in the colorado/wyoming area?!?!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

70_boosted

I'm in need of some help with my cab and hoping for some people in the Wyoming/Colorado area. Shoot me a text or call and leave a message!

Kevin

Sorry guys. I am in the cheyenne area as well as the Longmont/Denver area. Live in both, need help with cab work

issues with the cab is the doors. so if you see anything you could point out tip wise i could perform or if you can lend a hand pm me and we can go from there. the chop was done previous to buying and the person i left to lied and did nothing of helping make it better. so let me know what you think from the pics....

Attachments

• IMAG0735.jpg
    IMAG0735.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMAG0736.jpg
    IMAG0736.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMAG0737.jpg
    IMAG0737.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 16
  • IMAG0738.jpg
    IMAG0738.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMAG0742.jpg
    IMAG0742.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 16
other door

Attachments

• IMAG07411.jpg
    IMAG07411.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMAG0740.jpg
    IMAG0740.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 12
  • IMAG0739.jpg
    IMAG0739.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 12
Need better pics, But from what I'm seeing, The cab is stressed that is why the reveal down the sides are out. The front of the cab chop is lower then the back. That is what I'm seeing inthe pics. Fix, cut it all lose and redo it :eek: or slap it in the back of a truck and bring over to GJ I fix things cheeper then some of the others on that side of the hill.

Last edited:
So best bet is to just go and rechop the top? Then get the door lines matched up, brace that all down and proceed to get the top tackled followed by the door tops? The back of the cab is already braced into the cab floor plus couldn't hurt it anymore than its already been tweaked...

Need better pics, But from what I,m seeing, The cab is stressed that is why the reveal down the sides are out. The front of the cab chop is lower then the back. That is what I'm seeing inthe pics. Fix, cut it all lose and redo it :eek: or slap it in the back of a truck and bring over to GJ I fix things cheeper then some of the others on that side of the hill.

Yep what GJ MIKE said,except this part.

I fix things cheeper then some of the others on that side of the hill......

Understand it's harder to fix mistakes,then it is to have just done it correct the first time . I understand u didn't do it but now your left to deal with it ... What Mike said

I have heard that more than once but doesn't hurt to try and salvage before starting with a fresh cab. Pm what you'd charge if you don't mind

I fix things cheeper then some of the others on that side of the hill......

I work Cheeper (as in cost) not cheep(workmanship):D I know what you you where getting at gus, Some times fixing a botched chop is like starting for the begaining, just less to take out.

Last edited:
I work Cheaper (as in cost) not cheep(workmanship):D I know what you you where getting at gus, Some times fixing a botched chop is like starting for the begaining, just less to take out.

Oh no GJM I know you do nice work.. I was saying it as in reference to the fact it's not cheap to fix someone else's mess .......

Hijack all youd like, its for the better to chat and get that info out into the open anyways! No disrespect to any of you guys or anyone for that matter, but im going to tackle this one myself. With the amount of threads i have watched and kept tracked of(even saved a pic or 2), i think i can rechop the lines and tweak to where i can be visually happy! After all to learn is to attempt. I have learned with the frame, the bed and all the custom touches for i did ideas and changed more than once before i finally settled with most the ideas i have finished on the truck.

Stay posted for i will be updating as i go along, so for the guys who are knowledged please chime in when i post what im doing and make sure im doing things, not so much correctly, but happily doable! plan to go along the old chop and correctly line up the top and back and so forth!! wish me luck!

You guys weren't lying about the chop! So I cut the lid on Tue and immediately after pulling it off the door gaps almost instantly fixed themselves. I was able to with light pressure **** the rear of the cab and change the gaps. I've been working 20 hr days so absolutely no time to do more.

I'm taking your advice and going to tack the door down with some metal strips from the bottom up. So by the time I get to fitting the roof back on ill already have the gap I am after and will be damn happy with the results.

If I left out any ideas to make it easier please feel free to chime in. YES, I did not brace the interior of the cab for I need to shift it quite a bit to get everything lined out again.

Attachments

• IMAG0756.jpg
    IMAG0756.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMAG0758.jpg
    IMAG0758.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMAG0759.jpg
    IMAG0759.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 9

Latest posts

Back