Holy cow... my POS ratty '41 Ford PU actually passed inspection!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Texas really changed how cars are registered & inspected in the last couple of years but I got the goods today. The guy was hesitant but I talked him down & after his call to the State... he had to pass me. He started off about my steering wheel size, them moved on to no mufflers. Luckily State inspector guy said my wheel was ok & if I had baffles I was good. When I left there I was amazed & couldn't believe it but I had everything working & got the paperwork! Sweeeeeet!!!

BoB

Attachments

• skulls.jpg
    skulls.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 54
Awesome and congrats. We don't have state inspection her in F-L-A anymore. They used to fail me for something different every time I went so I stopped bothering to fix their stated issues. I just went in every 30 days and got my temp decal ha

What do you have for a windshield?

Bonehead,
That's an old foto I posted! I actually put in a real windshield & 1 wiper! I used a tilt out frame but glued it in! Weird having a real windshield after rockin' the plexi-glass one with the holes in it for all these years! [ddd:eek:

BoB

It's a great feeling to leave DMV with a registered car huh?;) I remember taking my chopped 37 thru and them failing me because my windshield was only showing 9 1/2 inches of glass and you needed 10"...After talking with the head man he told me it was unsafe, however if I were to purchase a street rod tag from them for $40 extra I only needed 7" of glass!...WTH???? I simply went to another DMV and they passed me every time I had to go...there's your tax dollars hard at work!...lol[cl

Congrats on the registration. Like Gastrick said, we don't have inspections down here anymore but the registration process still depends on what office you visit trying...the state inspections didn't last long down here once they figured out they made their own impossible situation. They tried at first to make it a 6 months turn-around for inspections...that failed because they couldn't keep up with the throngs of people. They dropped it back to yearly and still couldn't keep up so it disappeared all together.
I drove an old Jeep at the time with a cracked windshield and they failed me on that, but they didn't say you had to have a windshield, so every time I removed the windshield and that got me by without having an uncracked glass and they couldn't fail me on the poor working vacuum wipers either. A buddy used to take his 60 Falcon, which was set up for drags only thru there too. He'd fail for no emergency brake. He put an old style brake lever thru the dash hooked to a strong garage door spring where you had to really yank it out hard, complete with a very loud ratcheting sound and ease out on the clutch, when the car died the inspector called the brake good. Wasn't hooked to squat. The inspector would tell him to "set the brake, place the vehicle in gear and ease out on the clutch", it would die surely when Ralph would slip it up into 3rd gear and ease out the clutch....
I remember waiting in line for hours for that stupid little sticker!

What's really dumb is similar to what smallfoot said, here if your windshield is cracked in the line of sight, you'll fail, you can pass without a windshield but, your wipers still have to work [S LOL :D

Congratulations. A friend of mine built a "Zipper" street rod. He bought a title from a title company. Then one day, at a car show, he met a guy who had his registration revoked because he used a title company. The following year, he had his "Zipper" inspected and a vin number issued from the CHP. The last few years, California has been cracking down on title companies.

Latest posts

Back