318 carb?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billy

Motor mouth ratchet jaw!
i think my 2bbl carter is worn out and since the tag is missing it is impossible to find out just what one it is.
what would be a suitable replacement for the low geared powerwagon ambulance?
engine casting number
2536030 or 2536080 (i cant tell which it says)

Hey Bill.
Don't know anything about that carb so I'm no help to you there.

I can offer that it is worth it to me to buy from some place that you can at least return the item if it won't fit. Read the negative feed back on the site. I'd buy from NAPA or Jegs or Speedway if I was you.

You can bring your new ride by and I'll help you on it. Oh yeah you decided to move to no mans land. Just pulling your chain bud.

Sorry to hear you're having headaches with it. Good luck!!

Billy, Rock auto has a remanufactured Carter for $115 with a core.(core charge is $40). Might be an option.

It might just need cleaning out, especially if it has sit a long time. My Rochester 2G would crank and idle good, but it cut out when you opened it up. I took the top off, the bowl was full of white flakey stuff, residue from ethanol gas. Soaked it in carb cleaner, put a gasket kit in it, runs like a champ now. I think the kit was about $25 off Rock Auto.

Latest posts

Back