Stuck in an airport...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfg455

The Hot Rod Cop
So this saga started yesterday at 11 am. Due to severe thunderstorms in Atlanta my flight out was delayed, delayed again and finally cancelled at 6 pm. Rescheduled for a 7 am this morning only to find it has been delayed until 235pm...That puts me into Atlanta with only 34 min to make my connecting flight (if it is not cancelled as well)...If I miss that flight I will be stuck in Atlanta until 6am Friday morning...:confused:

Better alive at an airport... than dead at the scene of the crash.

I'd imagine you could drive to Atlanta and back in 24 hrs. (Just sayin'.) I've been "laid over" at an airport once or twice and being the impatient type, I'd rather drive or ride the bloody Greyhound!

That's one of the reasons I don't fly. Flight schedules make absolutely no sense. The two times I have flown were both on Southwestern, direct both ways. Another reason is it costs too much. Biggest reason is I ain't going nowhere I can't drive to.....

Well the plot thickens as it were...SO I started on Wednesday at 11 am for a 130 flight out. That flight got delayed a bunch of times and then cancelled. Rescheduled for 7 am Thursday morning which was then delayed until 235 pm. My 235 pm flight finally went out that night at 945 pm Thursday and into Atlanta by 3 am Friday (3 hour time zone add) From there I sat in the Atlanta airport until 945 pm and getting into NH for 1230 am Saturday morning. Through out all of this Delta refused hotel accommodations stating it was weather related so they were not responsible. They did give me 2 pieces of pizza and 2 bags of chips in the 60+ hours I was stuck in the airports. They refused to put me on a competitors flight even though they were running. I did check into buying my own ticket but the price tripled in the morning hours of Thursday ($317 to $904. Then sold out). Then they had the balls to send me a survey today...Lol. I'm not as young as I used to be but I just reverted back to my days as a Marine Grunt and made myself comfortable with what I had to work with. My wife on the other hand has been a hellion on the phone, email etc. so I just let her loose on Delta! [cl

Better alive at an airport... than dead at the scene of the crash.

I'd imagine you could drive to Atlanta and back in 24 hrs. (Just sayin'.) I've been "laid over" at an airport once or twice and being the impatient type, I'd rather drive or ride the bloody Greyhound!

I rode "the dog" once from Klamath Falls, OR to San Fransisco. I hitchhiked back. A much better trip.

I rode "the dog" once from Klamath Falls, OR to San Fransisco. I hitchhiked back. A much better trip.

Hey I lived in Klamath Falls back in 1990!

I was laughing with the wife about a car I found for her. 40 hrs drive time back vs 60 hrs stuck in the airport...[S

Latest posts

Back