What followed me home now

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowbilly3

A *real* tin magnet
Yesterdays find. The rest of it is inside, except the engine.

Attachments

• DSCN1569.jpg
    DSCN1569.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 72
  • DSCN1571.jpg
    DSCN1571.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 64
  • DSCN1570.jpg
    DSCN1570.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 59
I drag a lot of cars home, as many of you know. I think this has to be the coolest one yet. I'm going to get the title process going and that will take 2-3 months. So I have some time to decide what to do. The money would get my garage floor and door in. But it will get done anyway. I'm kind of feeling this is a keeper. Just get an engine in it, get it running and driving and drive it just the way it looks. Except maybe try to straighten out the back end some. It may come down to deciding between the coupe and the 40 panel. I think the coupe would win.

CRAP ON A CRACKER......I just can't wrap my head around one guy having
that much cool ol' stuff still available in one area. Wouldn't happen were I
live. My choice would definitely be the coupe, luv it!!!!!!
(Dreaming: nice chassis, bagged,5.3, steely's and caps, maybe wide whites)
ok I'll shut up, got enough projects to dream about...I really like the coupe...
did I already say that???
[dr[dr:cool:

Right now I think I'd keep it just like it looks, keep the stock underpinnings and find a good running flatty, get the juice brakes and front end gone through, get some glass in it and drive it. Also thought about the Y block with 3 speed overdrive, open driveline, 9 inch and disc brakes.
I can get a 42 fire truck with 16,000 miles for about a grand, use the engine and probably sell the good sheet metal to get most of my money back.
Dreaming I think 50s Olds or Caddy engine though

Right now I think I'd keep it just like it looks, keep the stock underpinnings and find a good running flatty, get the juice brakes and front end gone through, get some glass in it and drive it. Also thought about the Y block with 3 speed overdrive, open driveline, 9 inch and disc brakes.
I can get a 42 fire truck with 16,000 miles for about a grand, use the engine and probably sell the good sheet metal to get most of my money back.
Dreaming I think 50s Olds or Caddy engine though

That's what I had in my 41. 54 Olds hooked to the original Trans and drive train. You can do the same with a SBC as well and cut the costs considerably.Plus if done right you can switch it back to a flatty with no mods needed.
Does the car have juice brakes on it now? If so it must have been converted sometime during it's past.
Great find. Have fun with it. As a former panel owner, they can be fun for hauling stuff around but nothing beats a coupe. (Except a rag top.:D)
Torchie

It has juice brakes.
One thing I know isn't happening is a sbc, they just don't belong in Fords. Other engines are just as cheap. If I went flatty, I could keep the 39 tranny, closed drive and rear end. Probably be the simplest. And it would still all be vintage hotrod.

You can still find the Y-block adapters to the early Fords trans. They are on e-bay quite often. It was a common swap back in the day. And will hold up quite well under normal driving conditions.:p
I have seen Fords in Chevy's and Chevy's in Fords. Doesn't bother me one way or the other as they weren't my cars.:D But once you start to rebuild obsolete engines regardless of the makes it gets $$$$$$
Torchie

It has juice brakes.
One thing I know isn't happening is a sbc, they just don't belong in Fords. .

That's one thing we have in common! SBC's are cheap and easy to put in, but I'll make the extra effort and put a true to the bloodline FoMoCo back in one. I'm having a time building the mounts for my SBF in my Lincoln, but when I get through, it'll be all FORD.

Latest posts

Back