Rat Rods Rule / Undead Sleds - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Go Back   Rat Rods Rule / Undead Sleds - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! > Tractors

Tractors Yes, we love old tractors too... let's see 'um!

Old 12-02-2018, 11:53 PM
Builder Junky!

The first three pictures are of an unstyled AR John Deere from 1945. The third picture is me belting up to a dynamometer in a timed event, at a local museum tractor rodeo. The second is George, my step-dad heading out to one of my fields to plow at a club Plowday. The first is at a fall plowday for our club. The fourth pic is of my 730 John Deere blading snow in a past October. This picture is about twelve feet from my easy chair, where I wished I could have been that day. I couldn't find any more farming pictures of this tractor, although I had it in the late 70's and early eighties then traded it in, in '83, only to start hunting for it again and found it in about 2002.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SMP_3693.jpg (101.4 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg George and AR.jpg (140.0 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg LB belting up.jpg (164.5 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg 105-0556_IMG.jpg (132.1 KB, 23 views)
Old 12-03-2018, 12:37 AM
Creators of all things awesome

I have helped my dad belt up his GP to another tractor. A really old really big tractor to help start it for the first time in many years. It is no easy task, they have to be aligned very well to keep that belt on!! Thanks for sharing!!

Minterfab.com
Old 12-03-2018, 01:54 PM
Builder Junky!

Yes Budge, there's quite a trick to all of that.
We have to start on the other side of that little rope, facing the opposite way. When the timer-guy nods to us we take off making a big loop and coming in lining up with the dyno belt pulley. We drive a little too far ahead and the timer puts the belt on our tractor pulley quickly and we back up until the belt is tight, and then get the pulleys turning up to speed. The dyno man will wave and the timer shuts off the stop watch. The belt has to stay on the dyno pulley and also not rip the paint off your tractor or cut your tires up. Our reward for doing all of this correctly and quickly is, we entertained the crowd for a few minutes.
Old 12-03-2018, 07:09 PM
Rocket Surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryMac View Post
The third picture is me belting up to a dynamometer in a timed event, at a local museum tractor rodeo.
What's the purpose of this exercise, Mac? When you say dynamometer and "timed event", I assume it's a competition...

1937 Chevy Coupe
1938 Chevy Sedan
Old 12-04-2018, 12:35 AM
Builder Junky!

Dr., it is a timed competition. On this day, [last Sunday of August] we use the dynamometer as an implement with a pulley and a flat belt, only. We don't actually make the dyno work. It's the belting up correctly and quickly that counts. You'll see in these pictures of Shaun and Al that they won't want the belt going kitty-wompus, scarring the paint or chewing up the tires. Shaun has the 'G' John Deere and Al has the 88 Oliver. Both are extremely well done tractors, and both guys did their own work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Shaun belting up.jpg (112.1 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg Al Simpson belting up.jpg (115.7 KB, 19 views)
Old 12-04-2018, 08:37 AM

T bought this package a bunch of years ago but have since sold it. I loved this tractor but wan't using it and I hate to have things just sit and rot. It is a 1973 Wheelhorse 12HP auto. Most ofthis tractors had side emblems with a model number but this model one did not and was referred to as the No Name. I had a plow for it that I really miss when digging the garden up or leveling some ground. I have some pics somewhere of a couple others I had and will try to find them. Jim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trac.jpg (97.1 KB, 27 views)
Old 12-06-2018, 10:19 PM

2C183C2C-B85E-43B7-9FDB-CF8348DD4B5A.jpg farmed with two of these for the last 30 years
Old 12-07-2018, 12:22 PM
Older and more rusted every day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redidbull View Post
T bought this package a bunch of years ago but have since sold it. I loved this tractor but wan't using it and I hate to have things just sit and rot. It is a 1973 Wheelhorse 12HP auto. Most ofthis tractors had side emblems with a model number but this model one did not and was referred to as the No Name. I had a plow for it that I really miss when digging the garden up or leveling some ground. I have some pics somewhere of a couple others I had and will try to find them. Jim
Love those lil garden tractors... have a buddy that sorta collects them!

BoB

RRR on Facebook
RRR on Twitter
Wanted: Ratty '35 Olds coupe!
Old 12-08-2018, 03:12 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Default dog drives tractor?

https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/h...ng_tractor.mp4
Old 12-08-2018, 02:29 PM
Builder Junky!

I could have used him a lot. He could have driven the tractor all day and kept the deer out of the garden all night. Wow.