Big Block Bantam

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob, keep up the show & tell (I look forward to it each day). [P I have nothing but time on my hands with our "CA stay at home order".:D With my health I can't do much anyway. .:rolleyes: Stay safe and well.

Three coats of Rustoleum on the top and bottom of the roof insert. Ready to put in place in the morning.

Springtime in Minnesota means yard work. That has been keeping me from my main mission in life: hot rod building.

Attachments

• roof 009.jpg
    roof 009.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 20
  • roof 010.jpg
    roof 010.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 20
The roof insert made it to the roof. It's held on with a crap ton of stainless steel 1/4" Allen button head screws. Copper rivets are too hard to find. lol

Contrary to yesterday's post, springtime in Minnesota means the possibility of freezing temperatures tonight. Do not plant flowers til mid-May around here.

Attachments

• Roof On 001.jpg
    Roof On 001.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 31
  • Roof On 002.jpg
    Roof On 002.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 29
Roof insert looks great, Bob.😎😎
Snowed here off and on all day. I’m
Looking at next Thursday before the temps get back to where I need them to be for boat work.
Torchie

A couple set backs

Tuesday I was walking the dogs and I felt a little chest pain going up hills. So I stopped in to see the local doc. One ambulance ride later I was at the downtown hospital where a nice cardiologist put 4 brand new shiny stents in my coronary arteries. Two a half days and I'm home. Not supposed to do much for a little while..

I put gas in the tank on the Bantam and it leaked. It's a stailness steel tank and the weld is leaking around the outlet bung. New tank arrived today and I can send the leaky one back.

I won't be touching anything for a week or so.

Good Catch

Good example for us older rats, if it hurts check it out!!!
Glad it all worked out for the good.[cl
Sorry about the tank :mad: An old guy once told me new just means new, not good. :eek:

Well Bob, that sure puts the virus #2 in the order of health issues. Stents are good, us old dudes seem to collect them.:D Glad you were able to get treatment & are back home in better shape.:) Do take it easy for a while, it does matter, I speek from experence buddy.:eek: Like FBP said those hot rods will be there when you feel better. Dixie & me are thinking about you, get well.

Glad all turned out for the best, bob.[cl
You (or your Mrs.[ddd ) were smarter then the majority. I was told by my Drs. that too many people (Mostly men.:D [ddd) ignore those warning signs.
Heal up and you will be back to it in no time.[cl :D :cool:
[P [P [P
Torchie

Wishing you a speedy and complete recovery, Bob.

See ya in a week or so... better, stronger, faster, like "The Six Million Dollar Man" you are!

Wow, glad you got checked out and fixed up quick Bob! You are an inspiration to me, I'm not as old as you but when I get to feeling bad and just want to sit around, I think, hey, if Bob W can still do this stuff at his age, me being younger I can, too. [cl Take it easy a few days like the Dr says and let those new pipes get tuned in! :D

Latest posts

Back