Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out early into the shop. Worked on the compressor. It's still kicking off. I believe it may be a capacitor as it seems motor related.
What ever it is, it's slowing what little progress is being made.
Working my way around the rear window and some fresh filler on some low spots on yesterdays work.
Got frustrated about noon and went and spent the afternoon at my Moms-in -law as she was feeling down.
Sat together on her patio and looked at the water.
Tomorrow's another day...
Thanks for stopping by.
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 2-2.jpg
    2-2.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 29
Looks like the car is coming along nicely though, in spite of your compressor problems. Thanks for the updates. Your MIL has a beautiful view there. I could sit on that porch all day!

Thanks Gang.:D
My car friend came over this morning and we finished the instal of his new power window motors.
I used the compressor to get his thoughts on it and of course it worked Perfectly.:eek:
He's got a BIG old vertical one that may get brought over to my shop.[cl :D :cool:
Won't be too much progress in the next few days as tomorrow is the first of two Drs. appointments for this week, as well as Mrs Torchie's Birthday.
Maybe some on Tuesday but Wednesday is going to be a long one spent with the Cardiologist to see if they can figure out what's going on with my heart.(Yet again.) :rolleyes:
Thanks for checking up on me.
Keep on keeping on....
Torchie

Thanks Gang.:D
My car friend came over this morning and we finished the instal of his new power window motors.
I used the compressor to get his thoughts on it and of course it worked Perfectly.:eek:
He's got a BIG old vertical one that may get brought over to my shop.[cl :D :cool:
Won't be too much progress in the next few days as tomorrow is the first of two Drs. appointments for this week, as well as Mrs Torchie's Birthday.
Maybe some on Tuesday but Wednesday is going to be a long one spent with the Cardiologist to see if they can figure out what's going on with my heart.(Yet again.) :rolleyes:
Thanks for checking up on me.
Keep on keeping on....
Torchie

Tell them you just need to finish your Kustom, then your heart will level out [ddd

Best of luck with the docs this week Torchie!

Thanks all.
Mrs Torchies birthday celebration is currently on hold as we are in the ER with her mom.
Concerns with sudden high blood pressure so her visiting nurse had her transported.
Hopefully just a blip. All good vibes appreciated.
Torchie

Sorry to hear about your MIL troubles again, and good luck with your cardiogist appointment. Hang in there. Our thoughts are with you.

Sorry to hear about your MIL troubles again, and good luck with your cardiogist appointment. Hang in there. Our thoughts are with you.

Thanks Bill.
Any time an 92 year olds walks out of a Emergency room visit it's a good day.
Everybody is home safe and sound.
Onwards towards tomorrow........
Torchie

Not much sleep happening in the Torchie household so I did some web searching and this came up.
I believe it's the Car that bob w posted pics of for me a few weeks ago.(Maybe he will confirm this)
41 Desoto. He said it had an Impala frame.
It's for sale now and gives some of the details.
Looks like they just cut out the OG Impala side rails and added straight tube steel rails that are 5 inches longer then the stock Impala.
Looks like a mid 90's Impala frame as their wB is 116" and the 41 Desoto is around 121". That would account for the 5 " added.
Simple enough....
Tired Torchie.

Attachments

• 65307093_2562332437133785_450241876906213376_n.jpg
    65307093_2562332437133785_450241876906213376_n.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 64980284_2562332510467111_6184059311971368960_n.jpg
    64980284_2562332510467111_6184059311971368960_n.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 65098325_2562332530467109_373704962691039232_n.jpg
    65098325_2562332530467109_373704962691039232_n.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 22
I remember seeing in a magazine the same thing being done to a 1980's G body [think Cutlass, Monte Carlo, Grand Prix], they cut it right behind the front tires and used tubing to connect the rear section. G body suspension is pretty much same as S10 IIRC., except coils on rear instead of leafs.

I remember seeing in a magazine the same thing being done to a 1980's G body [think Cutlass, Monte Carlo, Grand Prix], they cut it right behind the front tires and used tubing to connect the rear section. G body suspension is pretty much same as S10 IIRC., except coils on rear instead of leafs.

You're correct, the G body front suspension is essentially the same as S10.

Not much sleep happening in the Torchie household so I did some web searching and this came up.
I believe it's the Car that bob w posted pics of for me a few weeks ago.(Maybe he will confirm this)
41 Desoto. He said it had an Impala frame.
It's for sale now and gives some of the details.
Looks like they just cut out the OG Impala side rails and added straight tube steel rails that are 5 inches longer then the stock Impala.
Looks like a mid 90's Impala frame as their wB is 116" and the 41 Desoto is around 121". That would account for the 5 " added.
Simple enough....
Tired Torchie.

That's the big issue with using the frames from a lot of GM cars through the 80's and 90's, they kick out wide between the front and rear. What you mentioned is definitely a solution some use, but make sure you check on the track width too. The G-body is another choice if the full-size car track width is too wide.

A guy I know has a 49 Pontiac Sedan delivery that sits nice and low on air ride. He started with a Parisienne (same as Caprice, etc) frame and it was too wide in the front for what he wanted, so he used a G-body (Regal) front frame section and the Parisienne rear.

Thanks for the replies, Gang.
The track width on the 49 Dodges looks to be about 57" inches.
Looks like the front is the same as the rear which I found interesting.[S
I also looked doing with the stock Dodge frame what was done to the Impala frame that I pictured. Replacing the side rail behind the front suspension and ahead of the rear suspension but the Dodge fame is really sketchy even where it isn't rusted through..
I think that if the Impala width worked on the 41 Desoto it may work on the Dodge....
So at this point I'm trying to come up with some track widths for the Impalas as well as the G bodies. I suspect it will be from an 80's car.
Thanks for checking in on me..
Torchie

I believe the Gbody frame would better serve you Torchie as I
feel the Impala track width would be a little wide....unless you're
ok with the stance in the pic...if you wanted it lower in the front
it more than likely would interfere with the fender....
if you choose something other than a GM frame disregard ...;)

[P[P[P

Latest posts

Back