Look what was SOLD as SCRAP

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
do are you saying its been scrapped or are you saving it?

Everything u have seen so far !!! has been saved!!! actually four are still in the yard, the caddy,the fleetside chevy, the 60's chevy trk and the 55 flat bed.. I'll shell out the cash as soon as the owner tells em to crush it. He will hold on to it for awhile also then when he thinks there's no buyer I'll jump in.

Ok, that does it, I'm done !!!! I hereby declare war on New Mexico. It drives me nuts seeing all that old tin in such good shape, so I say we guys from less fortunate States band together and attack at dawn ! :rolleyes::D

Don

I work in a metal recycling yard, we buy all this from people who haul it in and cash it out, which is sold to us as scrap iron and I watch everything I can that comes through.

man.. some nice looking projects in there.. I looked for months to find a useable box for my build.. thought I found one that I was told was in great shape... paid for it drove 4 hours to go get it and it was a mess.. all those beds are in awesome shape...

ill take the 58 and the 40ish 1.5 ton.. oh and the scrip off the tailgate!

posi pumpkins 1-2 a year... last year I bought 4 fully loaded 9" ford axels out of the yard.. and remember they sell their iron "scrap" for 30 cents a pound and that is usually what I have to pay and those pounds add up fast ..:eek: I kept it.

Attachments

• nodular pumkin.jpg
    nodular pumkin.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
double bump heads these are both 194's :mad: one day a set of 186-202 heads came in on a car :Dat first I thought oh no has a A/C compressor and the wrong mounting bracket for the alternator. But we drop all motors from all cars, 5-6 days later I see the motor again it was laying on it's carb and seen the double humps and wet down both legs :rolleyes:. needless to say they were pulled off and took to the machine shop it cost me 6 bills:eek: but I have a set of really rare heads. [cl I keep them all it's a old school thing I do sell them off.

Attachments

• double huimp heads.jpg
    double huimp heads.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Sand pots for blasting all of us have at least two or more all my friends have gotten one. Thats a 3/4" Central 600 LB torque wrench tossed :eek:I had it checked out and calibrated, I have the certification papers that show it's GOOD they said it is a six hundred dollar tool:eek: paint pots ...... ALL SOLD AS JUNK ??? and bought as SCRAP. sold the paint pots, selling the torque wrench.

Attachments

• sand pots.jpg
    sand pots.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 34
  • laquer.jpg
    laquer.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 37
  • torq2.jpg
    torq2.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 36
  • pp3.jpg
    pp3.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
I see a lot of that sort of stuff getting hauled to scrap. Around here most cars in that condition will bring more across the scales than you can get out of it on C-list. And you don't have to mess around with no-shows and tire kickers. I still try to save the good parts, dashes, doors, tailgates and such, parts that will sell on ebay.

I'll put some stuff on craigs list like the torque wrench someone will pick it up for a buck and a half or two bills. The Ford tailgate didn't sell on ebay shocked me [S ?? both paint pots got ebayed :D..as a seller ebay bites

You can't always keep everything. Even though I've tried. Sometimes you just got to get rid of stuff and its easier to junk it then try to sell it.

Thats right uless there is a buyer waiting the investment starts to build and it's money that could be used elsewhere. And this is JUST SOME OF THE STUFF as I'm sure you have figured out I'm just the Chevy guy. I dont collect the ford or mopar my co-works jump on all that. I have a old friend who will take all the studebaker stuff, another who takes all the jeep stuff,

Here I sit in Southern Ontario Canada just drooling over what is being scraped out there. I really wish there was a way more of this stuff could be saved. It's only a matter of time till it's all gone......... it's already gone here. :(
The only stuff left that is worth saving here now is what some forward thinking guys have squireled away in barns and garages from years ago.

I asked five hundred on the complete 68-69 GMC short bed truck I sold it!! The same guy offered me four bills for the primered cab I sold it!!
Gives u a idea what I let stuff go for..
The Studi trk was sold for four bills.. the beat up sedan early 30's I got four for it also .. the orange early 48-53 GMC I had to pay three bills to get it out of the yard... The IHC I bought as it was pulling into yard the guy was going the scrap it and the trailer I got both for two bills....:D

57 F-100 scrapped

A friend of mine works at a recycling yard, he's not allowed to buy from the people hauling stuff in , he was fired once for buying stuff coming in, but he can buy it after the company buys it , then they'll sell it to him , of course making a healthy profit on it. Anyway , he just bought a '57 F-100 for $600.00 that was not half as good as these two Chevy trucks. But it is complete and now he's trying to hunt down who has the title for it. Here in Ohio, if you don't buy it with a title, all you have is a parts vehicle. it hard as rock to get a title from DMV.

Latest posts

Back