What is it worth?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RPM

The Rat Master!
I have found, quite by accident a real muscle car. A 1970 Chevelle SS 454. and it has the real LS6 motor in it. 450 HP 500ft lbs of torque. This car has been in a garage since new and only has 20,000 original miles on it. The old man that has it bought it new. It is in show room condition, all numbers match. Has the Muncie rock crusher 4sp. The flapper in the hood works. It is like a new car!!!!. He says he will sell it, but does not have any idea what it is worth. I really don't know what it is worth. Do any of you have any idea?

They only made that 450hp engine that one year and that is the only car they put it in.

I have found, quite by accident a real muscle car. A 1970 Chevelle SS 454. and it has the real LS6 motor in it. 450 HP 500ft lbs of torque. This car has been in a garage since new and only has 20,000 original miles on it. The old man that has it bought it new. It is in show room condition, all numbers match. Has the Muncie rock crusher 4sp. The flapper in the hood works. It is like a new car!!!!. He says he will sell it, but does not have any idea what it is worth. I really don't know what it is worth. Do any of you have any idea?

They only made that 450hp engine that one year and that is the only car they put it in.

Buddy, those things are like gold anywhere you look. That power train set up is what will make it be worth so much more. Not sure what you can get it for, but I bet it's worth close to $60K,if not more.

The old man that has it bought it new.

1st off... I'd wanna see the title & make sure he's the only person on it. I'd also check the VIN very carefully & I would press him to tell you how much he's asking.

BoB

Oh boy!!!!!

What He said........ double check all the facts. If this is a numbers. correct car, then by all means sell everything you have and borrow every dime you can get your hands on. Then rush right back there and give it all to him and haul that critter home...... Then call the auctionhouse and get ready for the fun to come. Ya a little tounge in cheek, but really if it is correct.. Boy oh boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1st off... I'd wanna see the title & make sure he's the only person on it. I'd also check the VIN very carefully & I would press him to tell you how much he's asking.

What he said and remember the old phrase, if it seems too good to be true...

That is such a rare car I find it hard to believe someone who's obviously a car freak wouldn't know how much it was worth. Hope it works out for you though! A great and fun car either way.

Toad

Slow down a little dont let your emotion take over check it out dont want to get burned or lose out on this get your poker face on and don't tell to many people about it until its yours LOL GOOD LUCK

I would say he knows exactly what it is worth and is going to very nicely let you offer up at least a little more than it is worth. I am a die hard New Englander and we love the art of haggling up here. Any time someone who bought a car or part new, especially rare, and "doesn't know what it is worth" is just opening the haggle process. Up here we would take at least a month of talking before a dollar amount was ever discussed! good luck and let us know![P

I would say he knows exactly what it is worth and is going to very nicely let you offer up at least a little more than it is worth. I am a die hard New Englander and we love the art of haggling up here. Any time someone who bought a car or part new, especially rare, and "doesn't know what it is worth" is just opening the haggle process. Up here we would take at least a month of talking before a dollar amount was ever discussed! good luck and let us know![P

Yes we been talking about this for about a month now, and is still on . I think I will sell it. I have not made an offer and he has not said an asking price.

well then you are probably on the right track. nice find by the way. 70 chevelles are on of my favorites[P

I am a die hard New Englander and we love the art of haggling up here...[P
My Grandpa was a South Omaha (nebraska) Lithuanian-Pole and would never give a man his price and he's make him work for it if the guy stood on his price.
They nicknamed him Pinky since he was a kid.

Grandpa always said he seldom started a fight but wouldn't stand to go home known as a chicken. He said if he lost a fight he'd go back to the fella for more. He didn't consider it starting a fight just finishing one up.

He used to say if you took a gal out dancing from the other neighborhoods there wasn't any trouble picking her up but sometimes there was someone waiting for you when you took her home.
He said people he grew up with didn't shoot and stab each other like dirty animals.
His brother's and friends all served in WWI and WWII, he was too young and too old for either and never was drafted.
His dad was spit on and called DP
They never took a dime they didn't earn
Grandpa Pinky's dad had been a stationmaster on the Czar's railroad in lithuania.
He was also a master carpenter who made his tools from scratch (you couldn't just go buy them) and was a coachbuilder for Union Pacific here in Omaha.
He made it to America.
The rest of his father's family (except for one uncle who got rich running a junkyard out of unused airplane hangers in Chicago) were taken to slave farms in White Russia after the revolution.
He was the youngest and his older brothers were drunks. Pinky left school at 16 when his dad died from TB to support the family.
He rode the rails and worked the docks.
He'd say in a war anything goes but otherwise you didn't hit a man or kick him when he's down and if you broke them rules you had it coming to you from your own when you got home.

He said the only time he really went out to get in a fight on purpose was when he'd wear an orange tie out to the bar on St. Patrick's day.

At his funeral the cars line up for a mile...He never was well-off but he knew alot of people...
many old timers came up to us and told us boys "Your grandpa was one of the most decent and the toughest men in South Omaha don't you forget it!"
The man about half raised me, I spent my summers with him growing up and his family was all he was about.
I don't know if I could walk a mile in the man's shoes. But if I had to... he's in me and I know he wouldn't let me down

My brothers and I all love to haggle, we picked it up from Granpa Pinky

My brother Greg calls it "Pinkenomics"

Unless he's been living under a rock, he knows exactly what its worth. I agree with DMW that it will be around$ 100,000!...cr

Sounds like one of those 67 chevy for sale stories...

Unless he's been living under a rock, he knows exactly what its worth. I agree with DMW that it will be around$ 100,000!...cr

You know, the ones we used to hear about the kid who went off to Vietnam and was killed leaving his 67 corvette in the garage and his dad was going to sell it for $500 dollars and listed it as a 67 chevy.... yada yada yada or the corvette for sale for 500 dollars because someone died in it... yada yada yada.... he knows the value..... just playing games......

RPM....
When you say he's an old man,how old are we talking ?
And you,sound young - 20's
Guy's & Gal's,
It's totally possible RPM did stumble upon a major score & the "old Geezer" really dosn't know what he has.
If you check my 1st post on this board you'll see last year at this time,I scored a 29 model A roadster pick up & a 30 model A coupe for 800.00 for both,from an elderly gentleman.
I still have the 29 roadster,but sold the coupe.
I find excellent deal's regularly.soooo
And btw the LS6 car is really worth around 180 to 240 K
Maybe even more on a good day.
I say congrats to you RPM if this is for real.& like the other's have said,
DO EVERYTHING you can to get this car & dont trust anyone till it's safely locked up in YOUR garage!!!!

You know, the ones we used to hear about the kid who went off to Vietnam and was killed leaving his 67 corvette in the garage and his dad was going to sell it for $500 dollars and listed it as a 67 chevy.... yada yada yada or the corvette for sale for 500 dollars because someone died in it... yada yada yada.... he knows the value..... just playing games......

There used to be a 65 Corvette coupe in Lakeland FL sitting in an old garage that was leaning like the tower of Pisa over the car. People tried to buy from the old woman for as long as I can remember and she would never sell. One day I pick up a Hot Rod magazine and there is a picture of the car sitting in the garage, then another pick of it washed and cleaned up. She ended up getting tired of people asking her and sold it to a 20 year old kid. I was so ****ed because I had offered her $3000 more than he paid her for it.

They are out there, some of the stories are tales, but some are true.

Ron

my buddy just finished restoring an urban myth and is driving it right now,

the Killer Cobra, upstate NY,it goes like this, joy rider killed an old woman crossing the street, then dumped it in the Mohawk river in 1968, my buddy bought the car after it was pulled out of the river with a clam shell for 3 hunge, no s#$T,3 hunge!.....crush, crush ,crush....in 1991 when I worked for the guy a dude offered him 140g's for the car all apart! he said no.......last weekend I saw the car, an original numbers matching 427 shelby cobra!!!!!!!! man it makes you wonder?

Call Mr. October, you know #44, candy bar, he will know all about the garage, the horses, the Ol' man, and the car! nice to think that Dreams do come true!" outside of Disney!

"...A 1970 Chevelle SS 454. and it has the real LS6 motor in it. 450 HP 500ft lbs of torque"

I made a 450 horsepower engine like it was nothing and It's in a pickup truck neener neener neener :D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back