Stock Trailer Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's right smart looking Pops [cl :cool:

Thanks Old Iron. Getting close.
I know absolutely nothing about cattle trailers, but darn, you really do good work[cl

Thanks Bruno..

Yo pops
Give me a call

Hey Bill. PM your phone number to me. I had a catastrophic phone event and lost all my contacts. I dropped the damn thing in the koi fish pond.

Whoa, that is sweet! What kind of cows do you run?

Thanks Eyesore... I have a small bunch of Angus. With a couple of Wagyu
cross calves.

The kind that poop the minute you put wheels under them...... Wait a minute, that's all of them.[ddd

You got that right. What they don't crap on they tear up.

An act of God......

After a pause for an act of God last Thursday night, I'm almost done with this project. We had a Micro-burst here according to the news people. I just call it a down pour. We had 3" of rain in 30 minutes. The run off holding pond that the county built up the road from us broke and we ended up with 2'' of water in the shop. I've lived here for 38 years and never had any problems like this till they built that dang holding pond. What a mess. I finally got it mostly dried out and was lucky that it didn't ruin anything that I'm aware of.

Got the trailer sandblasted. 2 coats of primer and two coats of Massey Ferguson Grey Paint. Got the wiring and lights finished up. Got the open ends of the tubing capped, the rear bumperetts finished. Picked up the pressure treated lumber for the floor. Should be able to finish it tomorrow then it's a matter of weighing it, putting on the DOT reflector tape and getting it registered.

Attachments

• IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 17
You don't see open top livestock trailers here, I'm guessing it's just the weather difference. Is it common for them to be open top down there? I've also never seen a single axle one, even the smallest here are tandem.

Very nice trailer, great work!

:cool: [cl :D
Looks nicer then the trailer I live in.......:eek:
Torchie

Thanks Torchie

Super [cl[cl[cl
Great job of documenting too :cool:

Thanks Old Iron. I don't have anything better to do and I enjoy it.

You don't see open top livestock trailers here, I'm guessing it's just the weather difference. Is it common for them to be open top down there? I've also never seen a single axle one, even the smallest here are tandem.

Very nice trailer, great work!

Thanks. Yes there are a lot of open top trailers in the SouthWest. Mainly used for local short hauls. The single axle trailers are more maneuverable in tight spaces

I would be proud to ride to the abattoir in that, so I'll bet your cows will be too.
Good work.

All except the ones that are in the trailer to go slaughter. Thanks Mac

Very well done sir!!!![/QUOTE

Thanks. I enjoy building my own stuff. Especially when it saves me 6 to 7 thousand over buying a new one.

Stick a fork in it......

It's done. I ended up with just over $5000 in material and supplies to build this trailer.
A few finished pics. The first pic is freshly back from the sand blaster.

Don't know what I'll do now. I'm now officially broke again. So I guess I'll just go hoe weeds.
That doesn't cost anything.

Thanks every one for the interest and comments.

Attachments

• IMG_3161.jpg
    IMG_3161.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3186.jpg
    IMG_3186.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3189.jpg
    IMG_3189.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3191.jpg
    IMG_3191.jpg