Gas is DOWN!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got it for 78.2 cents a litre today. That's 3.55 a Canadian gallon, or about 3.13 for the smaller U.S. gallon. There's 4.54 litres in a Canadian gallon, and 4 litres in a U.S. gallon. Anyway, the most I saw it around here about 2 months ago was 1.38 a litre, or about $6.12 a gallon !! So, it's looking like a real bargain now.

Got it for 78.2 cents a litre today. That's 3.55 a Canadian gallon, or about 3.13 for the smaller U.S. gallon. There's 4.54 litres in a Canadian gallon, and 4 litres in a U.S. gallon. Anyway, the most I saw it around here about 2 months ago was 1.38 a litre, or about $6.12 a gallon !! So, it's looking like a real bargain now.

Lol I've already heard this before... One of the guys over on S10Forums lives close in/or around Ontario and we were complaining about gas at 3bux when it was comin down... He told us bout what ya'll are paying up there and we shut up real quick...

We're at a buck 78 in Va... I saw it at a BP off the grid the other day for a buck 62...

Filled up for $1.64.9 at Flying J station in St. George, Utah.
Just under 8 gallons for $13.00.
I didn't really need the gas, but couldn't resist the price :D

Las Vegas is still lagging behind at $2.00 or so.... :( '22

89.9 a litre in my town today, but we always get gouged, we're a captive audience.
i saw it at 68.9 a litre out in Mission, which is right at the U.S. border, so they have to be a little more competitive..

http://www.bcgasprices.com/

Got checked

Went to a job site Friday and was hanging around BSing with a few workers when I see a brand new f250 pull up next to me truck,has work ladder on it..tools boxes that are brand new too_Out steps a pretty good looking blonde and kinda wanders over to us..."You driving that truck..? " Yes,I dont own it but I am driving it." She kinda laughs..."Wanna follow me..? " OH HELL YEAH...my dream is going to come TRUE.!!!She walks over and opens a folder and presents me with a notice.."Can you read this for me..?" Shes with the IRS..!!She then shows me her ID.HOLY **** BATMAN..She informs me she needs to check the fuel in my truck..and she does.I ask her what happens if I would have said no.? She tells me about the fines..!! She then walks over to the job site manager and tells him she needs to check EVERY truck on the site..Manager says NOPE..RUT RO..here it comes..he informs her he has the right to refuse..Its private property.!!And hes right...man..

Thats a real dream killer... You should've know somethin was up w/ all the new stuff and I bet her boots weren't dirty either...

On the lighter side of things, gas in Roanoke is $1.23...

Remember when we had the original gas shortage? The auto makers ruined the Mustang, and dropped a bunch of other factory hotrods? (If the big three stay in business), I see the same thing, you know the designers were told to focus on MPG, and economy.

Gas went up a little the last couple days. I hope that isn't a sign of things to come.
Back in the late 50's when gas was seldom over .25/gal., Rerefined oil (bet you young guys never heard of that) was 5 cents a quart in bulk. Our tired flatheads and babbet bearing Stovebolts used plenty of that 40wt stuff.
Yep, BH, there's reason to be concerned about the government designing cars. They are forcing it anyhow with CAFE standards, etc. However, Europe, which is very environmentally concerned and has extreme gas prices still turns out some of the quickest high horsepower supercars seen anywhere. They're not priced for normal folks though.

Remember when we had the original gas shortage? The auto makers ruined the Mustang, and dropped a bunch of other factory hotrods? (If the big three stay in business), I see the same thing, you know the designers were told to focus on MPG, and economy.

I remember it. My brother worked in a gas station then. He said they would pump the tanks dry and the next day they would do it again. They pumped more gas during the gas shortage then they ever did before or after it. But remember there was a gas shortage.

The funny part was people would wait in line and fight over the gas. He would have to argue with the people so he could get in the lot so he could open the station in the morning.

There was one time when someone started collecting money from the car in line then when they got to the pump they knew they were had. The guy even gave then a voucher.

On a side note he always had gas and when I was home on leave I did to. We would wait untill they would fill the tanks at night then he would unlock the doors and we would fill your cars. That was great.

On a side note he always had gas and when I was home on leave I did to. We would wait untill they would fill the tanks at night then he would unlock the doors and we would fill your cars. That was great.

And this was before all the electronic mumbo jumbo where we have THREE numbers behind the decible... WTF

Coffin: I'm in Garden City. What in the world was the IRS checking fuel for. Oh by the way gas went up 25 to 30 cents a gallon Thursday.

going large

Premium is at 1.999 or less per gallon around here. Encourages me to use the two BIG BLOCK Olds engines I have that are ready to go!

440shorty

Latest posts

Back