Don's Rods

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob w

Still crazy after all these years!
Well, I've been using all my resourses and detective skills and have found information on Don.

He and his sons were at the Daytona Turkey Run so he is okay. I contacted his son, whom I knew was a musician, and became friends with him on Facebook. On his Facebook there are pics of them at Daytona.

I messaged Don the younger and he said he would tell Pops to get posting again.

Good to hear.[cl:D:cool:
I have noticed on some of the other sites that I visit that the number of posts seems to be dropping as well as some long timers not posting at all anymore.
And. Sometimes their interests just change.
I would be posting more if I was back working on a car/truck project but I don't see the point in posting about taking out thousands of screws from a wooden boat.:D
I guess the fad is ending or people are using other forms of media.
I have enough time remembering to post to the 3 sites that I visit now. :eek:
Torchie

Good to hear.[cl:D:cool:
I have noticed on some of the other sites that I visit that the number of posts seems to be dropping as well as some long timers not posting at all anymore.
And. Sometimes their interests just change.
I would be posting more if I was back working on a car/truck project but I don't see the point in posting about taking out thousands of screws from a wooden boat.:D
I guess the fad is ending or people are using other forms of media.
I have enough time remembering to post to the 3 sites that I visit now. :eek:
Torchie

I think Facebook is the culprit. I spend way too much time on there and even post pics of my latest project. Haven't posted here in awhile.

people lose interest and move on... I used to be a long time member of a cuda-challenger board with god knows how many posts, but sold the cuda, stuck around for few months ,left and never returned... drama was killing it for me too :rolleyes:
now all I use my computer for is e-mail, banking and RRR... no drama, nice folks and cool rides :D

I think Facebook is the culprit. I spend way too much time on there and even post pics of my latest project. Haven't posted here in awhile.

The thing I like about forums vs FB is, on a forum you can get real solutions for problems you're having really fast and you can't follow or start threads on FB. Plus, I don't like FB know all my business! They make their money by selling your personal info and so does Google.

Toad

I'm glad to know he's alive and well. (His participation here is sorely missed.)

I don't like FB for reasons already posted. I'm there, but the format sucks extra large eggs...

Wow, guys, I didn't realize it had been this long since I was around these parts, and also that you all were worried about me. Thanks for the thoughts, and the nice words.

For the past couple of years I have been knee deep in an 04 Mustang project for myself, and have been back to work 40 hours per week, so that didn't leave much time for posting. But the car is now done, and I have a little more time to sit back and breathe. Also, sometimes we just need to take a break for a while, and that was what I needed to do.

I was really shocked to hear about Bill (Gastrick) . My son told me about hearing about his accident, and I feel absolutely horrible, but it sounds like he is making progress. My God, his entire family are the nicest people on the planet, and they have had so much happen like this to them. My prayers go out to all of them, and I am going to try to call Bill soon.

As for my hot rodding stuff, a few months ago, I took my 27 to a gas station so we could take our cars to a little show the next day, and , as I was sitting stopped in traffic, a 95 year old man in a big old Mercedes SUV hit me in the rear end. He thought his crash avoidance system would stop the car ! :rolleyes: $6000.00 in damage and the body was in the body shop for 3 months. I just got it back, and it looks better than ever. Glad he had good insurance.

I still have my 29 rpu project to finish, there isn't a whole lot to do to get it done. As soon as I finish putting the 27 body back on the frame I am going to get on it.

I really missed all of you guys, this has always been the best car site on the internet, Tripper did good by all of us. I promise to visit a lot more now that I have some time, and shoot the breeze with everyone again. Thanks for thinking of me.

Thanks, guys, good to see all of you too.

One of the main reasons I was taking a break is because I was doing the late model Mustang, and really didn't have much to contribute about hot rods during that time. That, and sometimes you just need to go off and do other things for a while to recharge your batteries.

BTW, I like the new name, and all the new subjects to be discussed.

Latest posts

Back