3 free 195O'S Nash Metropolitans

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skull

''SARCASM: just one of his many talents.''
1953 Metropolitan, 1955 Metropolitan and a 1958/1959 Metropolitan

from my friend, he was "gonna do something someday" with them and just got to the point he don't want the cars hanging out in his yard no more.

so another friend of mine wants to build a good one outta the three of them and l gave him two of them and l think he can take the best of the 2 cars and make into one. l hope he will since he is 33 and motivated to have little putt-putt to run around in.

the one l am keeping there is no motor or trans, the heater is still there and the wiper motor and alot of potential, because the 3rd one was cut taking 18 inches out between the doors and the roof has been removed it is pretty useless to him l am going to make a rod outta it, just gotta figure what engine to throw in, l got a 19O hp Suzuki hayabusa engine or maybe a V-6 chevy, of course a 231 buick would rock too.

3rd car came with a 1953 title and l figure why not, l got a lot of projects, may take me a long time to get to this one, however it keeps me busy and that is the whole point at this stage of my life.

was told the 1953 was a super low model run.

stuff just keeps following me home:rolleyes:

Later:cool:

Attachments

• 1953 nash metro 001.jpg
    1953 nash metro 001.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 55
  • 1953 nash metro 002.jpg
    1953 nash metro 002.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 1953 nash metro 003.jpg
    1953 nash metro 003.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 46
  • 1953 nash metro 004.jpg
    1953 nash metro 004.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 48
  • 1953 nash metro 005.jpg
    1953 nash metro 005.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 1953 nash metro 008.jpg
    1953 nash metro 008.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 49
  • 1953 nash metro 009.jpg
    1953 nash metro 009.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 1953 nash metro 011.jpg
    1953 nash metro 011.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 1953 nash metro 012.jpg
    1953 nash metro 012.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 1953 nash metro 013.jpg
    1953 nash metro 013.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Dang Skull.... gotta quit dragging the chain behind you....

Besides.... what would superman think?? That blue and white one is rough...:eek:

Free Nash

Always liked em. A free motor sounds like the right fit. I have a similar problem with stuff coming home. Glad I don't have to feed em. [cl

brakes

Marvin Josephson has homemade video that goes into great detail on how to put disc brakes on these things.

with the motor upgrade, stopping power is not over rated.

l know this is a good thing to do to ' cause l know the way l drive[ddd

Later:cool:

Had a friend in the late 60's that had one with a 283/301 in it. Couldn't keep it in a straight line when he nailed it. I'd like to have one in good shape but they are selling for a pretty penny now:(

I think this is the ticket....

Or should get you some anyway.... :eek:

Attachments

• nash metro drag car.jpg
    nash metro drag car.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 21
That blue and white one just hurts to look at. Please don't finish it. I'd look into a Miata for underpinnings, Jetta diesel for 50 mpg? Saturn twin cam (looks kinda like an offy if you squint). Hayabusa I like but what do you do for reverse? Put an electric motor on the wheel like Harley does with a side car?

Skull, If I remember right in a couple of shots you appear to be a sizable man. Can you actually get into that blue one? I'm not trying to be mean but that thing doesn't even have the room of my 31...

ME, nope

no offense taken mr. smallfoot

the guy in my pic is my buddy, not me, l am about 1/2 that size and l did manage to fit in the dwarf car S0 l "THINK[S" l mite fit in it, if not my other son would love it, he is like his dad and likes oddball stuff.

take that interesting chassis l scored and build something like this, only not so shiny and ditch the white walls[;)

Later :cool:

Attachments

• ba8b707137c083e2acea1e5c9fff63e1.jpg
    ba8b707137c083e2acea1e5c9fff63e1.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 27

the guy in my pic is my buddy, not me, l am about 1/2 that size and l did manage to fit in the dwarf car S0 l "THINK[S" l mite fit in it, if not my other son would love it, he is like his dad and likes oddball stuff.

take that interesting chassis l scored and build something like this, only not so shiny and ditch the white walls[;)

Now that I like!!. The chopped down clown car is still a big no no no IMO. Nothing about it has any flow at all. It's the visual equivalent of fingernails across a blackboard.

Blue & White Shorty

Still think'n about the shorty. I like it Skull. Stretch it out, set the wheel base where you want. Maybe a roadster, a full burn-out experience special. [cl

Big LIKE for this idea. [cl

We used one for a yard car when I was a wrecking yard monkey in the early 70s. I didn't for well, but I was a bit more flexible then. :D

Latest posts

Back