1947 ford rat rod build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update on the cargo box build:
I found some old aluminum hurricane panels to use for the sides and rear doors. The roof is "aged" aluminum. I bent some 3/4 square tubing for the roof and used it for the rest of the frame. I fond some old boat windows that had a similar patina as the panels.

weld-on..........[;)

Attachments

• DSCN5669.jpg
    DSCN5669.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 69
  • DSCN5670.jpg
    DSCN5670.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 62
  • DSCN5671.jpg
    DSCN5671.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 65
Lots of welding and smoothing on the cargo box frame.
I have almost all of the pop rivet holes drilled and cleaned.
I have one door mounted.....then I got sick.....
something close to bronchitis took the wind from my sail for the last two weeks. I am feeling much better and plan on working this weekend to get the frame sanded and painted. If the weather is good I should have the panels popped on. the next phase will be to cut and fit the floor board. The fan shroud and radiator are ready to be mounted in the grill. a few hoses and I can light the fire.

check out my other build.....The bird (is the word)

weld on.........[;)

Early in July I had to go in for an operation on my right lung to remove fluid caused by an infection. The cause of the infection is unknown. [S I had a second operation in September to remove more of the infection. During this operation they cut out a section of a rib (in my back)in order to gain access (yes, with his hand) to remove the remaining infectious material. I am now nearly fully recovered, though my rib is very sore. I have not touched my 47 Ford build as my garage is not organized from my move just prior to my operation.
Life goes on......

Weld on..........[;)

Life can get in the way of building hot rods.......:(:rolleyes:
I am now almost fully recovered and started working on the truck last week. I am fitting the side panels and smoothing the rough corners. Next will be the floor in the cargo area and the cab.[cl

weld on..........[;) or making sawdust.......:D

Latest posts

Back