Quick and dirty LS swapped C2500

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I guess we can check this off as finished. I should have my ECT sensor this afternoon (98 Camaro 3 wire to run the stock gauge). I registered it today, popped on the 20's and have been driving it. Of course it would start snowing today! Lol Still a slight drive shaft vibration but I think that will be cured by spacing the center bearing up about 1/2"

YES!

I love it, and the newer GM 20's look excellent on there. Nice job! Let us know how it is after you've been driving for a bit. I wonder what you'll end up getting for mileage out of this beast.

YES! I wonder what you'll end up getting for mileage out of this beast.

15.6 mpg running @ 80 mph mostly. A little around town stuff but I had 2 trips to take in 2 days.

Still have the pesky drive shaft vibration but it is 80% fixed. Tach isn't working yet either but I'm working on it.

Do you still have the truck?

If so, how's it been working for you?

Well....yes and no. Technically my son has bought it back from me so I don't own it any more. But seeing as he still resides in my house it has not left the driveway. Every day I go out and say to myself "That's a good looking truck..." Overall it has been a super reliable truck. I put about 3500 miles on it and I think he has done another 2500 or so without issue. There is still a slight drive line vibration but we haven't put shims in the rear to take care of the pinion angle discrepancy. The serp belt has had a squeak and we have been chasing an issue where it decides to throw the belt. It is due to the retrofitted AC compressor mount. I must have milled it a few degrees off.

I am now about to start on a 91 Volvo 940 wagon 6.0L / 4L80E swap that will have a nasty cam in it....[P

Latest posts

Back